cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Approval? - too short of a credit history?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP Approval? - too short of a credit history?

Hey friends!

I've been gunning for a CSP and the last couple of times have not been successful. It's been a couple of months since I last tried and am wondering if it's worth trying again.

I first opened a CitiForward with a $500 CL in January this year (2014) and have paid all my bills on time.

I then opened a BOA Cash Reward Platinum Plus Visa with a $4000 CL in July this year (2014) and this has been my active card ever since.

So the age since my oldest card is 10-11 months, while the AAoA is around 7 months.

My credit score with Equifax is 720 and my income is ~$120,000 per annum. 

I last applied in October but that didn't go through. I wanted to call in for a reconsideration but because my mail ended up at my neighbour's I was not eligible for reconsideration because I only managed to call 30 days after I applied.

I have been previously living under a shell and never knew about the joys of having a credit card... I wish I started establishing my credit history much sooner. 

Would greatly appreciate any advice, tips or guidance if I should try for this again soon!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: CSP Approval? - too short of a credit history?

Did you try checking your prequalified offers? You seem to have more than enough income to qualify for the card.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 6
uswala
Senior Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

Did you try checking your prequalified offers? You seem to have more than enough income to qualify for the card.

+1. Check prequalified offers from them. They are pretty accurate with that.

Message 3 of 6
iwant700fico
Frequent Contributor

If you have funds avaiable ,open up a CHASE checking or savings account with Minimum 10K and apply for CSP in your local  branch. Your local branch can recon using your 10k account and usually they approve it when you are marginal.

EQ 786 2/2018
TU 792 8/2018
EX 776 2/2018 Chase CSR $28.5k
Barclay Advantage $17.5 k
Amex BCE $29k
CITI Advantage $24.2k
Amex HILTON $13k
Total Rewards visa $20K
Chase INK $11k
Chase Sapphire Reserve $28.5k
BOA 8k
Discover IT 8K
Message 4 of 6
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

+2 Ditto. Income helps. You could make sure by waiting for your CL to hit one year.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey friends!

I've been gunning for a CSP and the last couple of times have not been successful. It's been a couple of months since I last tried and am wondering if it's worth trying again.

I first opened a CitiForward with a $500 CL in January this year (2014) and have paid all my bills on time.

I then opened a BOA Cash Reward Platinum Plus Visa with a $4000 CL in July this year (2014) and this has been my active card ever since.

So the age since my oldest card is 10-11 months, while the AAoA is around 7 months.

My credit score with Equifax is 720 and my income is ~$120,000 per annum. 

I last applied in October but that didn't go through. I wanted to call in for a reconsideration but because my mail ended up at my neighbour's I was not eligible for reconsideration because I only managed to call 30 days after I applied.

I have been previously living under a shell and never knew about the joys of having a credit card... I wish I started establishing my credit history much sooner. 

Would greatly appreciate any advice, tips or guidance if I should try for this again soon!

Agreed, open an account with Chase and with your income, you can have all their cards if you want to.  They like history.....

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.