Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Approved after calling recon line.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP Approved after calling recon line.

So Im traveing this year to Europe and am on a mission to get a travel card.
I have a barclay card,(for all my apple stuff always is 0%)
2% cashback citi card,(great cashback bonus)
1.5% quicksilver card,( was my first CC great cash rewards card)
2% first year Discover it card then 1%,(approved on whim 0% interest for 12 months so got a few goodies)
I have a 13% utilization with 28,500 in credit

CK says im in the 720s but we all know, nobody uses their credit rating system(vantage 3.0) I have fico free credit montioring and see my transunion at 681 and 679 equifax. Now no cards currently show my experian and that is my weakest by far. According to when I applied for the CSP I had a 611Smiley Sad.
Now Ive had some credit repair done but If I remeber correctly experian didnt show enough love as the others. Anyways im not paying for my credit report I pay off everything except my 0% interest cards every month until it stops. My average length of credit history is 1 year 6 months. Now when I apply for a CC I research at least two CC and run them both. I did it with the Quicksilver and barclay and after a year and a half I did it with Citi and discover, works for me but I dunno. Now I had a secure card for a year (First progress) then after I got the QS and BC I cancelled and got my money back, what can I say, I wanted my money! I have a repo on my credit and defaulted with chase around 6 years ago. I applied for a AP and CSP about 4 months ago only to get denied, just said forgot never called Recon and just moved on.

Now that im traveling I need a great travel card so I applied for the Venture card(20k sign on) and CSP (50k sign on) now I was confident Cap1 had my back Chase not so much. I knew it was minimal 5k so that worried me as ive started off kinda low and always paid off most cards. So about 10 days ago I went for it and applied for both, got thr dreadful 7-10 days. Next day chase calls me tells me they need to verify then bam approved me, one down. Now im kinda procrastinating towards the chase and decide once I get home for work Ill give them a call.

Now I look online get a number talk to the agent Luke nice fella , gets my SS didnt need ref number which I threw me off but realized after the call he was useless. Now I dont know if they train these guys to play dumb or whatnot but after 20 minutes I was kinda aggravated after the call. Im a very mild mannered person but he basically told me he agreed with everything I stated and that the only option I had was to mail my name and SS to chase I asked him what his job was if he only could direct me towards mailing which is old fashioned. He was zero help and I immediately looked for another number. So after 30 seconds I found another number 1-888-270-2127 now I called them up ref number in hand and actually spoke to some guy who wasnt really friendly but a straight shooter and I appreciate that type of person. He asked for my ref number and did his verification he told me the spiel proceeded to put me on hold. Once he returned I pleaded with him, told him my life story like I am right now to you,the reader. Asked me about the repo and chase card now I told him I had some Medical issues and lost my job because I defaulted around same time but Ive had capital one almost 3 years never once charged interest, basically im good to pay my bills. He quickly interrupted me to tell me he sees everything. Puts me on hold about 3 minutes only to tell me Ive been approved for 5k I couldnt believe it especially after having a 611, he ran my TU this time and I guess it panned out in my favor I was ecstatic Somehow my 681 passed. Who knows maybe the underwriter felt bad for me who knows i dont give a crap so now im officially a member of the team. Sorry for the long post I usually just lurk but just wanted to give a little optimism for everyone out there thats afraid to pull the trigger.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP Approved after calling recon line.

1) congrats on a successful Chase recon! 

2) welcome to myFico! 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!

You could check your Experian Fico score once a month using Discover's creditscorecard.com, if you want.

Message 3 of 5
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations and welcome to the Chase family!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet!  Always happy to hear a successful recon story, especially with a quality product like the CSP.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.