Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP recon denied but now 2 weeks?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP recon denied but now 2 weeks?

I applied for CSP on 7/26 thinking I was under 2/30, but was actually not since one of my applications was approved a couple days after the intial app date. I called recon and spoke to a nice CSR who said he would be happy to do a recon for me. In the end, he still denied me for being 2/30 (although he said he really wanted me to have the card). I then spoke to his supervisor who said the same thing, and was adamant about 2/30.

For the next few days the automated line said 7-10 days as expected, but I just called today and it said 2 weeks. From my understanding, 2 weeks is normally more-than-likely an approval, so I was a little bit confused given the call I had the other day.

Has this ever happened to anyone where the status has changed from 7-10 days to 2 weeks? Am I missing something here, or is Chase just playing games with me? I'll be 1/30 in about 5 days if that matters.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP recon denied but now 2 weeks?

Two weeks response can mean anything nowadays.. Did you receive a letter from Chase and if so, what did it say?

Message 2 of 8
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

If I understand you correctly, you're out of 2/30 in five days? Well, maybe that's why it's two weeks now. They'll likely approve you on the 1st day out of 2/30 Smiley Happy

AmEx FICO 8: EX [714] | Discover Scorecard FICO: EX [719]

TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Two weeks response can mean anything nowadays.. Did you receive a letter from Chase and if so, what did it say?

Well, I received a letter in the mail saying Chase needed to verify my income, but I took care of that when I initially recon'd. Other than that, no denial letter yet so far. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Username ....LoL

I said no diggity,but I tried not to😵u gave me no choice in the matter...
Message 5 of 8
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I received a letter in the mail saying Chase needed to verify my income, but I took care of that when I initially recon'd. Other than that, no denial letter yet so far. 

So what happened? I'm guessing your recon was unsuccessful? Between the 5/24 Rule and the 2/30 Rule, Chase can be difficult to please!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ridgebackpilot wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So what happened? I'm guessing your recon was unsuccessful? Between the 5/24 Rule and the 2/30 Rule, Chase can be difficult to please!

Yup, was denied due to 2/30. CSR said they want to see a bit of history on my current Chase cards before extending more credit. I wonder how long a 'bit' is.

Message 7 of 8
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ridgebackpilot wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yup, was denied due to 2/30. CSR said they want to see a bit of history on my current Chase cards before extending more credit. I wonder how long a 'bit' is.

I'd say give it 6 months to a year and try again. Good luck!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.