Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabelas Club Visa Increase denial

tag
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

Cabelas Club Visa Increase denial

I was wondering if anyone knows which score version of equifax cabelas uses for credit line increases. I have a myfico subscription and it shows my fico 8 at 718 as of today. I ordered a new report just to check it. In all the versions that are included with the report nothing is less than 700. yet cabelas club says my score is 675 and there is an inquiry from today. they denied my increase also the same 3 months ago same reason low score yet everywhere i look i am over 700. i wonder if they are lying to me just for some reason they don't want to give me an increase. perfect payment history with this card for 14 months been at 500 ever since. i have cards 5k, 8k, 10k, 5.5k etc etc except cabelas won't budge. i wrote an email to their ceo explaining my dissatisfaction with their card. probably won't make a difference. anyone know what they use fico next gen?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: Cabelas Club Visa Increase denial

@jtw34240 wrote:

I was wondering if anyone knows which score version of equifax cabelas uses for credit line increases. I have a myfico subscription and it shows my fico 8 at 718 as of today. I ordered a new report just to check it. In all the versions that are included with the report nothing is less than 700. yet cabelas club says my score is 675 and there is an inquiry from today. they denied my increase also the same 3 months ago same reason low score yet everywhere i look i am over 700. i wonder if they are lying to me just for some reason they don't want to give me an increase. perfect payment history with this card for 14 months been at 500 ever since. i have cards 5k, 8k, 10k, 5.5k etc etc except cabelas won't budge. i wrote an email to their ceo explaining my dissatisfaction with their card. probably won't make a difference. anyone know what they use fico next gen?

That 675 is probably derived from the lenders own internal scoring algorithm, and may not even be related to any FICO score. (I can't remember who the lender is for Cabela's.. I think Synchrony?).  Some lenders have their own proprietary scoring model that takes info from CRA's, adds in their own internal data and spits out a number that's nowhere near what FICO comes up with.

Message 2 of 4
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

Maybe so. Today I confirmed it's not next gen according to penfed my next gen score is 720
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChargedUp wrote:

@jtw34240 wrote:

That 675 is probably derived from the lenders own internal scoring algorithm, and may not even be related to any FICO score. (I can't remember who the lender is for Cabela's.. I think Synchrony?).  Some lenders have their own proprietary scoring model that takes info from CRA's, adds in their own internal data and spits out a number that's nowhere near what FICO comes up with.

Cabela's owns their own bank, "World's Foremost Bank" 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.