cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling BARCLAY RECON Dept ALL DAY ?!

tag
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Calling BARCLAY RECON Dept ALL DAY ?!

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, to all those offering real advice -- thank you.  To all those offering crude advice or rumpatoots, your "help" is not needed.  I believe I am due an icrease based on my high income ($82,000) as an NP, and my positive trade lines over the past 3 years.  ALL items are reporting as current, save 2 collections that are 7 years old, aging off soon!  So I will call weekly, until I am assisted.  If they close me out, so be it !  They won't get money from me !

With a 590-640 score you are lucky you have the credit you do have.  No one owes you anything, no matter what your income is.  Income alone does not justify anything.  

Just because you don't like someone's advice doesn't make it crude.  Open your ears and mind and you might actually learn something to better your position.

Message 11 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

#supportive
Message 12 of 44
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

OP, sit back, think about this objectively and get a grip. I've got a 20+ year history with no negatives, FICO 8 scores are all 800+ and my income exceeds yours. AmEx gave me $2k on a BCP last week.

Do you see me calling 15-20 times a day and demandin they raise it? Heck no, that would be a waste of my time, and frankly would probably make me look like a bad risk. After all, why would someone be a THAT desperate for a CLI? Think about it...
Message 13 of 44
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The opinions  thus far, have not been rude.  When posting on an Internet forum you may not receive comments you wish to hear; as long they are friendly, supportive and respectful- all are welcome to post. 

Lexie, myFICO Moderator 

Message 14 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@disdreamin wrote:
OP, sit back, think about this objectively and get a grip. I've got a 20+ year history with no negatives, FICO 8 scores are all 800+ and my income exceeds yours. AmEx gave me $2k on a BCP last week.

Do you see me calling 15-20 times a day and demandin they raise it? Heck no, that would be a waste of my time, and frankly would probably make me look like a bad risk. After all, why would someone be a THAT desperate for a CLI? Think about it...

@disdreamin,

I agree.. If encouragement to keep calling Barclays is what OP is seeking from the forum, I won't do it.  Sometimes enough is enough and the voice of reason must persist.

Message 15 of 44
newstart2010
Blogger

You received a CLI last month?  Most banks only allow limit increases once every 6 months, some go as short as 3.  yes, you have comenity allowing once a month at times,but they are hit or miss.

Your income means nothing until youcanprove you can pay, and in their eyes, old or not, you have a track record of not paying.  on top of that you are calling several times in a day (what I am assuming) demanding a CLI because your income is in the 80k's.

When we had our credit in the 500s we couldn't even get a card, let alone an increase.  And our income is almost triple yours.  Sit back and relax, garden a bit, prove to them you know how to handle a credit line and wait for those baddies to come off.  GW the collection and get the bad stuff cleaned up as much as possible.  Then in 6 months when you request another CLI i bet they give you a nice fat one.

Noone is in the place ever to demand anything when credit is being extended, no matter what their scores or income, other than the services they actually pay for.  you are borrowing money from people.  a smile with your hand out is much better than a shaking fist. 

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 16 of 44
ddemari
Super Contributor

Good luck to you! Id be burner out! I only usually have one recon attempt in before i call it whatever lol. Barclays wants to see history with them when giving more limit increases. It took me a year of history with them and a 700 TU FICO to get better limits and lower apr's with them.
Message 17 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yes, its like I don't even know you! Smiley Tongue
Message 18 of 44
wmweeza
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I cant stand Barclay RECON!  They are all very demeaning, in regards to credit issues and have caleld 15 times today!  I will call until I get a REP who raises my CL .. they did last month, but it took many calls.  I do not believe one should be punished for issues of the FAR past (6-7 years, about to age off!).  Myline is $1500, score 590-640 depending..  But they dont care about the score, they say!  CALL CALL CALL ?  I have heard of account closures but TBH I really do not care, I've already recon'd 20 times since December!  LOLOL!!!!  AND GO!

I wouldn't do it if I were them either. They might say your score is not an issue but I guarantee they are taking it into account.

Imagine if you had a friend who you knew had filed bankruptcy, yes they are doing okay now, but you know they've had troubles. If they called you 20 times in a day (or even a week) asking for you to loan them money, wouldn't you eventually tell them to bug off? Also, wouldn't you wonder why they are so insistent as to come off as desperate? (I'm not saying you are, I'm just saying calling so much is making it APPEAR so).

While persistence pays, continually asking does not.

You have a decent CL for your score and if you just have some patience I am confident you will reap rewards.

Also, maybe Barclays isn't right for you...

Either way, don't shoot yourself in the foot, enjoy what you have and good things will come your way. Enthusiasm for a good CL is great, but you are sabotaging your own success

*edit to add* Also, you already received a CLI recently, it's not like they have never given you more credit. Good luck, and since you seem comfortable with the potential downside do as you will.

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 19 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay keeps a record of the recon calls and am I correct you said they just increased your limit last month? Are you aware they use hp's to increase your limit? I don't think their decisions are heavily based on salary make $140k and have a $1500 cl just like you. Will the items they are looking at be improved in 6 months? Maybe you will have better luck then.

Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.