Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
Cageym
Established Contributor

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

@PokemonMaster wrote:

On the CashRewards Visa Signature card does it say that it's a Signature card on it? Like the Flagship Rewards card does in the picture below.

Yes.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 51 of 5,746
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@Cageym wrote:

@PokemonMaster wrote:

On the CashRewards Visa Signature card does it say that it's a Signature card on it? Like the Flagship Rewards card does in the picture below.

Yes.

Thank you. I am so excited about it. Whenever I think about it I start giggling like a little school girl.

Message 52 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@PokemonMaster wrote:

@Cageym wrote:

@PokemonMaster wrote:

Yes.

Thank you. I am so excited about it. Whenever I think about it I start giggling like a little school girl.

If you are going to use this card pretty heavily (over $10k I would say) this Flagship Siggy is worth AF over just the Cash Rewards Siggy due to higher reward.

Message 53 of 5,746
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Can u app for a CC the same time you open a checking or savings account or do you wait awhile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 54 of 5,746
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

@Sitori wrote:
Can u app for a CC the same time you open a checking or savings account or do you wait awhile

I apped for my CashRewards card the same day I opened my savings account.

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 55 of 5,746
starry1
Valued Contributor

Has anyone noticed if Navy has some specific softing schedule?  How often do they soft you?  Do they soft everyone around the same time?  These are just general softs, not when you're apping for stuff.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 56 of 5,746
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Reports vary,

From what I have seen, the first CLI request is always a HP followed by SP's. Most people wait for the SP to show up on their CR's before asking for a CLI.

YMMV of course,.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 57 of 5,746
journey258
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

So what it seems we know for sure:

~ Navy reps will usually say it's always a HP

~ What we seem to know is it is not... It is however like this:

~~ 1. You request and it's instant = that is a SP and you still have more room for more.

~~ 2. You request and it's countered for less than you asked = that is also a SP but you probably shouldn't ask for more right now unless you want HP

~~ 3. You receive 3-5 Day Message = HP!

I think the key in all this that people should start to realize is very much like Amex I think you can request at least up to $25k regardless of 3x current CL and if your account is eligible for some CL, it will counter back that amount instantly.  So far no evidence shows that asking for smaller amounts is keeping you from getting a SP CLI, it's simply making you have to go back 10x  to get what you really want and or is leaving you short of what you really could have.

Also starting to see folks with mulitple accounts getting CLI on both... unlike other issuers increasing one account doesn't seem to effect increasing another with SP too.

Not a hard rule but we are seeing the 3-4 month range being the usual earliest for better sucess at SP increases.

***Remember we are talking about Credit Cards only (possibly NavCheck but not sure why when you open this you don't just ask for the full $15k!)

Now if we could just get a couple people to confirm my theory of going in and asking for $25k CLI and post back... thanks Smiley Happy

So I finally got brave and attempted a CLI online. INSTANT approval, doubling my limit from $6000 to $12000. Awesome! It happened so quick I didn't realize it was an approval. 

Then I got greedy...

Hoping maybe I had some room to wiggle, I did a second request for $18000, got the 3-5 day message. What I did notice however, is that with the first request the approval popped up immediately after hitting enter. With the second request, after I hit enter there was a second "confirmation" screen confirming my request. I should have stopped there, because I didn't remember that happening the first time. After submit, the 3-5 msg. Oh well. Its my first inquiry of the year after being app crazy last year. And who knows, it may just come back with an approval. 

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 58 of 5,746
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@journey258 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

So what it seems we know for sure:

~ Navy reps will usually say it's always a HP

~ What we seem to know is it is not... It is however like this:

~~ 1. You request and it's instant = that is a SP and you still have more room for more.

~~ 2. You request and it's countered for less than you asked = that is also a SP but you probably shouldn't ask for more right now unless you want HP

~~ 3. You receive 3-5 Day Message = HP!

I think the key in all this that people should start to realize is very much like Amex I think you can request at least up to $25k regardless of 3x current CL and if your account is eligible for some CL, it will counter back that amount instantly.  So far no evidence shows that asking for smaller amounts is keeping you from getting a SP CLI, it's simply making you have to go back 10x  to get what you really want and or is leaving you short of what you really could have.

Also starting to see folks with mulitple accounts getting CLI on both... unlike other issuers increasing one account doesn't seem to effect increasing another with SP too.

Not a hard rule but we are seeing the 3-4 month range being the usual earliest for better sucess at SP increases.

***Remember we are talking about Credit Cards only (possibly NavCheck but not sure why when you open this you don't just ask for the full $15k!)

Now if we could just get a couple people to confirm my theory of going in and asking for $25k CLI and post back... thanks Smiley Happy

So I finally got brave and attempted a CLI online. INSTANT approval, doubling my limit from $6000 to $12000. Awesome! It happened so quick I didn't realize it was an approval. 

Then I got greedy...

Hoping maybe I had some room to wiggle, I did a second request for $18000, got the 3-5 day message. What I did notice however, is that with the first request the approval popped up immediately after hitting enter. With the second request, after I hit enter there was a second "confirmation" screen confirming my request. I should have stopped there, because I didn't remember that happening the first time. After submit, the 3-5 msg. Oh well. Its my first inquiry of the year after being app crazy last year. And who knows, it may just come back with an approval. 

You may have just nailed it.  I think I remember this happening as well when they hp'd me a few months ago.  The sp worked out just like you said....instant!  So for those requesting CLI's maybe you all should look for this. 

I would try again but after my last win I won't be hitting the CLI anytime soon  Smiley Happy.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 59 of 5,746
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Simmer down Rhaeny....lol

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 60 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.