Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

@iurantian wrote:

I just hit the luv botton, and got this message:

Your credit limit increase request for $15,000.00  has been submitted for further review.  A decision will be made in approximately 3-5 business days. A letter will be mailed advising you of the credit decision.

MyFICO score is 612 and I have three paid collections.  My current Cash Rewards CC is for 5K and I asked for a CLI of 15,000 hoping to either get it, or to be countered with another amont.  My utilization is sitting at 30% and falling, and have had the card for 6 months.

What do you think my odds of getting it are...or even countered?

From reading all the posts here, I'm not sure what I should do.  Wait for the acceptance letter?  If it's a denial letter, do I call and recon?  Should I call and see what's up tomorrow, seeing as how they are closed today on Memorial Day....or wait?

Wait.... You should see it by Wed. online.

Message 211 of 5,746
iurantian
Established Member

Thanks CreditAddict for the quick response.   I'll wait until Wednesday to do anything then.   Are you saying you "think I'll get it by Weds"....or I'll have an answer one way or another by Weds?

I'm just afraid of getting a HP if it's going to be a denial, and want to know if I at least stand a good chance.   Probably should have asked for a lower CLI.....lol.

Starting Score: 612 - Score Watch EQ
Current Score: 612 5/20/12
Goal Score: 700+

I'm taking the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 212 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@iurantian wrote:

Thanks CreditAddict for the quick response.   I'll wait until Wednesday to do anything then.   Are you saying you "think I'll get it by Weds"....or I'll have an answer one way or another by Weds?

I'm just afraid of getting a HP if it's going to be a denial, and want to know if I at least stand a good chance.   Probably should have asked for a lower CLI.....lol.

You are getting a HP and asking lower wouldn't have changed that.  So who knows now... You will have an answer by wed.  I think it's usually faster but I will assume they will probably have some back log to catch up with.

Message 213 of 5,746
manyquestions
Established Contributor

I saw where someone mentioned they were told something like  "maximum amount for income"  but it was partially based on their FICO score. Is there a list or general concensus of the maximum limits you can get on Navy cards with different FICO score ranges and incomes?

Message 214 of 5,746
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

I'm sure they take into acct your score and income. At this point in the game, I'm maxed out for 10K. I'm sure alot of its based on score(see siggy), and my income is $55K(active duty). plus my acct is new(april). For the nRewards and CR, I think for max CL is $50K while the flagship is $80K(according to their website).

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 215 of 5,746
iurantian
Established Member

Good point.  I didn't even think of that.  I make 25k annually....hopefully asking for 15k is not too much.

Starting Score: 612 - Score Watch EQ
Current Score: 612 5/20/12
Goal Score: 700+

I'm taking the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 216 of 5,746
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

You may run into an issue with that. Asking for 15K when you make 25K? the CL would be 60% of your income. But anything is possible though! NFCU is corky like that. They are very liberal when it comes to increases. I never though I would be able to get an unsecured CC with a 10K limit until all my derogs were off my report. Boy was i wrong! Good Luck!!

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 217 of 5,746
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

How does one get the Visa sig version of the Cash Rewards?

I've seen other poster talk about this version.  Anyone care to answer a few questions about it?

- How does one get it?  Does it have to be offered or can one ask for it or to apply for it?

- Does it have an AF like the Flagship?  If so, how much is the annual fee?

- Is there any diff in benefits or cash back?

TIA Smiley Happy

Message 218 of 5,746
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I asked for it via the secure message center... They granted my request, and they also dropped my APR at the same time

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 219 of 5,746
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Same here, asked for it via secure message after I got my cli to 8.5k. Also asked for apr reduction and got that as well.
-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 220 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.