Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Scupra wrote:
Dodfire it took me 28 pages to build the courage for this request!! Thank you

28 Pages to do exactly what the whole point of this thread is to help you not do... LEAVE AVAILABLE CREDIT ON THE BOOKS FOR A SP!!

If you don't get counter, you didn't ask for enough

If you get 3-5, you never had SP available or you have a to new/first time request or you are at or over $25k.

You got instant $5k, means you have more in system unless you "HAPPEN" to hit the ceiling of your sp with the $5k request but I would practically bet my life that isn't the case.... Why is everyone so scared of the HP anyway.... has anyone ACTUALLY been CLD? Navy almost never says to many inq for reason for a denial so I can only think you are holding out for other lenders but why, Navy is who to be with!!!

For me honestly it's that I am only 8 months post discharge. Having that so recent kind of makes me think twice while treading :/

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 281 of 5,746
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@scarzy wrote:

@Scupra wrote:
Well... Put me on the list guys Smiley Happy I asked for $5k and it was instantly APPROVED!!!! Wooooo thank you to everyone once again.

Congrats! I got 5 g's too!

Congrats to both of you!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 282 of 5,746
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

Woot....I ask for CLI from $7k to $15k and got approved. I should have ask for $25k instead maybe they could counter offer...dam. I well I m happy with it.
Message 283 of 5,746
-twice-
Established Member

Got my flagship approval this morning (Great!) for 5K and I am wondering can I recon to increase the limit?

If anyone has done this is there a best way to go about it, key words to use, etc?

Thanks in Advance

Message 284 of 5,746
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

I would since I did....I got $15k. You can just do it online for it.
Message 285 of 5,746
-twice-
Established Member

@kampfer09 wrote:
I would since I did....I got $15k. You can just do it online for it.

CLI on an initital limit?  Is it the same love button? Do I need to wait until the card is in hand or showing in my accouts?

(sorry, for the peppering of questions, I am just trying to do this the best way possible)

Message 286 of 5,746
thrillege
Valued Member

How do you ask for a Navcheck increase online?
Message 287 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@thrillege wrote:
How do you ask for a Navcheck increase online?

You go back online like you want to apply for one and then it will ask if you want to apply for new one or increase line on current.  Ask to increase to the $15k max for sure!

Message 288 of 5,746
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

All those that went from below $5K to above it, don't forget to send a message and ask to be upgraded to Visa Signature. It's as simple as that Smiley Happy

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 289 of 5,746
Scupra
Super Contributor

@jordanmedical wrote:

All those that went from below $5K to above it, don't forget to send a message and ask to be upgraded to Visa Signature. It's as simple as that Smiley Happy

Woo thanks for the reminder!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 290 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.