Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

$14000 CL $10000 UTL

Yikes right
I had some major purchases with that card..the APR is the lowest of all my cards so I needed to take advantage. Hopefully I will be able to pay it half way down next year but for now it's little by little

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 871 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Sitori wrote:
$14000 CL $10000 UTL

Yikes right
I had some major purchases with that card..the APR is the lowest of all my cards so I needed to take advantage. Hopefully I will be able to pay it half way down next year but for now it's little by little

well I just posted about a new little magic (I think) on the Navcheck that you can go apply and you click submit and it thinks and right there is where it should come back APPROVED but I got a screen that says "by clicking continue I agree to continue the application and have a review and should have an answer within 1 hour" or click cancel withdraw and I clicked withdraw and got a message withdrawn, thank you or something.

So I say go apply and if you don't get the instant approved but get that screen after the first submit that it needs to be reviewed, just cancel!

Message 872 of 5,746
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Ooooo thanks for that tip! Smiley Happy

I think I will try the same thing when I request for a CL on the cash rewards card lol
I'm assuming the same screen comes up ??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 873 of 5,746
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Oh wait but I need a checking account first right? I can't open the Navcheck with a savings only

EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 874 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Sitori wrote:
Ooooo thanks for that tip! Smiley Happy

I think I will try the same thing when I request for a CL on the cash rewards card lol
I'm assuming the same screen comes up ??

no... I have only seen this on the navcheck.

Message 875 of 5,746
soccer5
Regular Contributor

Ok, so let me see if I have this straight. the CC Department, Auto Loan Dept, and NavChek departments are seperate? If I were to have hit my internal limit (not sure if I have, just joined end of October) on CC's, do you think I would still be able to apply for a small personal loan (like $5k) and auto loan?  I have CashRewards ($5k) and nRewards ($1k) and NavCheck ($10k) currently with NFCU, all opened within the week of joining NFCU. I have direct deposit with them as well. Also, if anyone knows, when you add a joint account holder as a joint applicant on a CC app or loan app, is their fico score figured in as well, or just income?  My DW's scores are horrible but we are rebuilding her credit. I swear I read something about that on here but can't remember. Thanks for all the help guys!

Starting Score: EX 549 EQ 465 TU 477
Current Score: EX 714 EQ 681 TU 727 EX Fico (PSECU) 683 EQ Fico 676 (MyFico) TU Fico (WalMart) 701 as of 6/6/2014
Goal Score: 700's
Message 876 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@soccer5 wrote:

Ok, so let me see if I have this straight. the CC Department, Auto Loan Dept, and NavChek departments are seperate? If I were to have hit my internal limit (not sure if I have, just joined end of October) on CC's, do you think I would still be able to apply for a small personal loan (like $5k) and auto loan?  I have CashRewards ($5k) and nRewards ($1k) and NavCheck ($10k) currently with NFCU, all opened within the week of joining NFCU. I have direct deposit with them as well. Also, if anyone knows, when you add a joint account holder as a joint applicant on a CC app or loan app, is their fico score figured in as well, or just income?  My DW's scores are horrible but we are rebuilding her credit. I swear I read something about that on here but can't remember. Thanks for all the help guys!

1. Joint is not figured in and you can add them with no credit pull.

2. yes all departments are seperate.

Message 877 of 5,746
soccer5
Regular Contributor

Thanks CreditAddict. So if I app for a car loan or credit card and use my DW as a joint applicant (for combined income purposes) with me as the primary applicant, they won't consider her creditworthiness towards my approval?? And I was wondering, my credit has improved by about 60 points or more since I joined NFCU at the end of October. Too soon to hit the CLI button for existing cards? I'm just looking to pad my Util really. Would you say it would be best to wait till I notice a new SP on my credit report to try that?

Starting Score: EX 549 EQ 465 TU 477
Current Score: EX 714 EQ 681 TU 727 EX Fico (PSECU) 683 EQ Fico 676 (MyFico) TU Fico (WalMart) 701 as of 6/6/2014
Goal Score: 700's
Message 878 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@soccer5 wrote:

Thanks CreditAddict. So if I app for a car loan or credit card and use my DW as a joint applicant (for combined income purposes) with me as the primary applicant, they won't consider her creditworthiness towards my approval?? And I was wondering, my credit has improved by about 60 points or more since I joined NFCU at the end of October. Too soon to hit the CLI button for existing cards? I'm just looking to pad my Util really. Would you say it would be best to wait till I notice a new SP on my credit report to try that?

no if you apply with her I believe they consider it... if you apply and are approved and then add her it won't... but you can't add after the fact for car but can for credit.

you can ask for CLI now but most likely if not at least 3 months you will get a hp... you could try though and if it goes to 3-5 day you just call and ask for it to be withdrawn and they won't pull credit.

Message 879 of 5,746
starry1
Valued Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

Well, there goes my shiny spade in my signature Smiley Sad BUT hello NavChek Smiley Happy

"Congratulations! Based on your credit worthiness, your loan application has been approved for $15,000.00. As you requested, the loan proceeds will be available for you to pick up at the Branch. Please allow one business day for document processing."

Thanks for the push CreditAddict!

FINALLY!  I thought you would never apply.  Congrats!

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 880 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.