Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you recon a recon?

tag
tim1017
Regular Contributor

Can you recon a recon?

I was recenlty declined by Barlcays but a recon got me approved.  Could I recon for a CLI or is that pushing Barclays a little too much?  If its a normal practice, what reasoning would you seggest to use?  I was going to leverage some of my other limits as a basis for the increase?  

Also, does anyone know if recons are kept on file?  Meaning will they know that my approval was based on a recon?

04/27 SCORES - EQ 653
EXP 672
TU 653
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you recon a recon?

@tim1017 wrote:

I was recenlty declined by Barlcays but a recon got me approved.  Could I recon for a CLI or is that pushing Barclays a little too much?  If its a normal practice, what reasoning would you seggest to use?  I was going to leverage some of my other limits as a basis for the increase?  

Also, does anyone know if recons are kept on file?  Meaning will they know that my approval was based on a recon?

Yes, But i'd recommend calling New accounts when you receive your card before calling reconsideration.

Message 2 of 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

They may require an additional HP so if you do Recon the reconned approval SL make sure to ASK them to see if they might require it or not.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

They may require an additional HP so if you do Recon the reconned approval SL make sure to ASK them to see if they might require it or not.

SP through New Accounts.

Message 4 of 7
GBguy
New Contributor

I did this. They used the same pull as my original application and they bumped me an additional 500. Make sure to make it very clear that if it is going to require an additional hp then you don't want to do it. I told them with the holidays approaching I was going to be doing a lot of shopping and didn't want to be calling in payments once a week and BAM they bumped it!
Chapter 7 Discharge 9/2013
FICO scores as of 1.27.14
Eq- 574
Ex- 629
Tu- 612
Cap 1 Secured ($49 Dep - 200 Limit) Reporting since Nov 2013
Message 5 of 7
chalupaman
Super Contributor

What's the new accounts number by any chance? I wanna try this.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

What's the new accounts number by any chance? I wanna try this.

Just call the number on the back of your card and ask for "New Accounts"

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.