cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Chase card before applying for Hyatt?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cancel Chase card before applying for Hyatt?

I currently have two Chase cards, SW Premier $4,000 opened in Feb 2014 and Marriott $10,500 opened in July 2015. I opened a SW Plus card in Jan 2014 and closed it last month.
Currently my stats are:
Util 16%
AAoA 1yr 1month
Discover FICO 709
Barclay FICO 706
AmEx FICO 667
I have 7 inquires on Experian the past 6 months, which is why my AmEx FICO is so much lower than the rest and unfortunately Chase always pulls Experian for me.
I opened three AmEx cards a month ago but none of them have reported yet, so my AAoA is about to take a huge hit.
I want to get the Hyatt card in order to book Hyatt Zilara in Cancun for Summer 2016 so I want to get the card ASAP in order to ensure availability.

What's my best plan for approval?
I was thinking of applying before my AAoA gets worse, but I'm not sure if I should transfer my SW Premier credit over to Marriott and close that card so I can offer to move credit from Marriott to Hyatt if need be in recon. Or should I apply with Premier open and offer to close it in recon?
Or do I not even have a chance?
Appreciate any advice!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cancel Chase card before applying for Hyatt?

Don't close the other card until you apply.  Apply as your profile looks good for it and then when approved, then proceed to close the other card.  Keep us posted on results.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I currently have two Chase cards, SW Premier $4,000 opened in Feb 2014 and Marriott $10,500 opened in July 2015. I opened a SW Plus card in Jan 2014 and closed it last month.
Currently my stats are:
Util 16%
AAoA 1yr 1month
Discover FICO 709
Barclay FICO 706
AmEx FICO 667
I have 7 inquires on Experian the past 6 months, which is why my AmEx FICO is so much lower than the rest and unfortunately Chase always pulls Experian for me.
I opened three AmEx cards a month ago but none of them have reported yet, so my AAoA is about to take a huge hit.
I want to get the Hyatt card in order to book Hyatt Zilara in Cancun for Summer 2016 so I want to get the card ASAP in order to ensure availability.

What's my best plan for approval?
I was thinking of applying before my AAoA gets worse, but I'm not sure if I should transfer my SW Premier credit over to Marriott and close that card so I can offer to move credit from Marriott to Hyatt if need be in recon. Or should I apply with Premier open and offer to close it in recon?
Or do I not even have a chance?
Appreciate any advice!

I would leave everything as it is .  Apply, don't call unless it's an outright denial.  Otherwise wait it out and let it play thru the system.  If you eventually get a denial then you can offer to move limits around.  It may not me necessary. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice, just got approved with $5,000 limit!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the advice, just got approved with $5,000 limit!

Sweet!!  Enjoy it.  Now do whatever you want with the other cardSmiley Very Happy..

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Did they pull EXP as expected?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadly. Haha
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.