Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One CLI Denial Reason... huh?

tag
wednesdayaddamsd
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap One CLI Denial Reason... huh?

I was getting the same message for a long time. Finally I paid in full two statements with spend over $1,000 both months. After that second statement cut where I paid in full, apparently my average payment amount increased, because they gave me a $2k increase. So for me, as soon as I started paying in full, it raised my average payment to the point that I got the CLI. But also my score went way up too....

Amex PRG. Amex Blue. Amex ED. Cap 1 Quiksilver. Saks Fifth Avenue. Neiman Marcus. Grandin Road. Target Red Card. Barclay Rewards. Home Depot. Paypal BML. Affirm. Victoria's Secret. Care Credit. Lumber Liquidators. Art Van. Evine. Firestone. Discount Tire. Discover IT.
Message 11 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a Capital One customer since 2006... I can contact the EO if I'd like lol.

I'm not going to over this because it's not worth my time, but I have my fair share of gripes w/ Cap One if I ever do feel the need.

Message 12 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wednesdayaddamsd wrote:

I was getting the same message for a long time. Finally I paid in full two statements with spend over $1,000 both months. After that second statement cut where I paid in full, apparently my average payment amount increased, because they gave me a $2k increase. So for me, as soon as I started paying in full, it raised my average payment to the point that I got the CLI. But also my score went way up too....

Well the really odd thing is my DW's Cap One Venture was opened 12 hours prior to mine, has the same spending pattern, slightly different payments, and a HIGHER balance left on the card than mine. And she was approved for $3K CLI yesterday up to $13K total.

Capital One is weird...

Message 13 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

okay then. you could but it would be appreciated if you didn't
Message 14 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
okay then. you could but it would be appreciated if you didn't

I think I will just for you.

I have gripes with my overall credit lines after this many years, that I can't combine two perfectly eligible accounts due to being in a "control group" yet my DW was able to, that I get denied for CLI's for dumb reasons, that I can't upgrade my cards from 2006 and 2010 to anything useful, and that their CSR's have no clue about the account combination issue every time I contact them.

So, if I'd like to contact the EO, I will do as I damn well please.

Message 15 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

or just realize sometimes that when you're in subprime products then you can be stuck. why not just get a normal product and let it grow as normal? i don't understand your attitude towards me when it's to cap1 you're mad at lol.
Message 16 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
or just realize sometimes that when you're in subprime products then you can be stuck. why not just get a normal product and let it grow as normal? i don't understand your attitude towards me when it's to cap1 you're mad at lol.

Look at my signature and say subprime again...

Are you trolling or what?

Message 17 of 32
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

If that's the case, I would definitely get EO involved. I think your complaint is valid. There could be some issue that no one is recognizing. I've had an issue in my Cap1 account that prevents me from making payments and it was all due to my name change not being changed on all my accounts, even old ones. It took about 6 reps with about 4 supervisors across 3 departments to figure it out.

From your history with them, this is beyond just a CLI. It's a complete business relationship that doesn't seem to be getting you the results you should, even though it really should. Email em. They will at least tell you WHY things are the way they are.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

your signature doesn't show up on mobile
Message 19 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lindsaydruart wrote:

If that's the case, I would definitely get EO involved. I think your complaint is valid. There could be some issue that no one is recognizing. I've had an issue in my Cap1 account that prevents me from making payments and it was all due to my name change not being changed on all my accounts, even old ones. It took about 6 reps with about 4 supervisors across 3 departments to figure it out.

From your history with them, this is beyond just a CLI. It's a complete business relationship that doesn't seem to be getting you the results you should, even though it really should. Email em. They will at least tell you WHY things are the way they are.

I appreciate the sentiments, but Cap One isn't important enough to me to waste my time on them. However, I'm merely annoyed that anybody on this forum would be so patronizing about contacting the EO when they know nothing of the OP's history or credit profile.

At least with Cap One, I get the opportunity to grow my cards. Barclays let me waste two HP's just for denials and not even letting up for a $500 CLI upon recon. Hence, they got axed from my card collection.

I've got no major gripe w/ Capital One; it's just clear their CLI decision algorithm is broken if that's the sole reason I was denied.

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.