Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One CLI Frequency

tag
awal
Regular Contributor

Cap One CLI Frequency

Does anyone know how often you request a CLI with Cap One? I was denied for having a recent CLI - even with perfect repayment and running about 6k thorugh in 4 months.

Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Shock
Established Contributor

Re: Cap One CLI Frequency

every 6 months. But I would contact the EO thru Facebook and let them know your situation. Tell them you're unsatisfied with your credit limit an they will forward you to the EO and they will call you. It will be a softpull and will go directly to underwriters for manual review. A much better shot at approval.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 2 of 14
Shock
Established Contributor

and FWIW, they upgraded me to Quicksilver and gave me a CLI from 500 to 1000 last August. In November, I did the FB thing and got it up to 1500, same in January and its now at 3k. Living proof that the EO does wonders, and that 6 months is not necessary.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 3 of 14
Drew
Frequent Contributor

@Shock wrote:

every 6 months. But I would contact the EO thru Facebook and let them know your situation. Tell them you're unsatisfied with your credit limit an they will forward you to the EO and they will call you. It will be a softpull and will go directly to underwriters for manual review. A much better shot at approval.

+1

Message 4 of 14
Jlu
Established Contributor

Will update this thread. Last year got the Platinum Mastercard (originally steps program) CLI from $750 --> $2000 via EO. Last week got a PC to Quicksilver via FB. Today requested CLI from $2000 --> $5000 via EO. Will know within 48 hours.

EDIT: Plus it was a SP CLI request!

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 5 of 14
slund5499
Established Contributor

Can you provide the EO facebook link through PM.

I have never done this and would like to know how it is done through facebook?

Thanks

In the garden since 02/1/23. Newest Account AU Discover It 10K
02/23 Scores; EQ 608 TU 642 EX 575 CCU: 20%, Inq. 2, 1, 2 Collections $39K
Lending Club: newest account 2/3/23. Old Fico 1/17 EQ 530 TU 542 EX 512

Message 6 of 14
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Cap One likes to see alot of usage on their card for cli.  I hit the luv button and got denied for a cli  because I don't use it much.  I moved onto other cards. I tend to carry a balance and my cap one is at 22.9%.  It was my first card after going BK7 in 1989 and paying cash for everything until about 2 and a half years ago and got back into the credit card game.  Boy did I get back into it.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ways2go wrote:

Cap One likes to see alot of usage on their card for cli.  I hit the luv button and got denied for a cli  because I don't use it much.

That sounds more like your personal YMMV experience. I had this card for 3 years straight and just this week they doubled my CL from a little over $2k to a little over $4k. The funny thing is I almost never used it anymore because of the low CL! How am I supposed to effectively MS with a CC on such a low limit? Now the 4 grands looks a little better and I might look into avenues (or at least alleys) to utilize it again.

Message 8 of 14
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@slund5499 wrote:

Can you provide the EO facebook link through PM.

I have never done this and would like to know how it is done through facebook?

Thanks

You literally just message Capital One in Facebook.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

OR YOU COULD JUST EMAIL OR WRITE HIM - IT WORKED FOR FOR LATE PAYMENT REMOVALS AND CLI-

Cap 1 EO Contact Info

Mr. Richard D. Fairbank President & CEO

Capital One Financial Corp 1680 Capital One Drive McLean, VA 22102

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.