cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Denied QS app for "too many Cap1 accounts"?

tag
rebuildingincb
Contributor

Cap One Denied QS app for "too many Cap1 accounts"?

Went on a little app spree recently got a Barclay's Rewards $2k, Southwest Premier $2k Amazon Store $800 Belk's $500, I apped at Sam's and got the 7-10 day, denied at Amex ED. When I went for the QS, they emailed me with that message I had too many cards with them. I currently have a secured $500 card ($0 balance) and a Platinum $400 card (~$220 balance). 

My question is should I call and ask to close the secured card in exchange for the QS? I am trying to get some decent cards so I can rid myself of the rebuilders, starting with 1st P....

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap One Denied QS app for "too many Cap1 accounts"?

If I am remembering this right....

You can only have a total of 2 sub-prime cards with Cap One.  Once you get rid of them... You can have a total of 5 of their Premium cards with Cap One.

It's things like this that makes it a good idea to run any of my app plans through the forums before I app.

Message 2 of 9
crrredit
Established Contributor

Did you app for the QS or QS1? I think the QS1 is in the same category as the secured and platinum.

Message 3 of 9
rebuildingincb
Contributor

@crrredit wrote:

Did you app for the QS or QS1? I think the QS1 is in the same category as the secured and platinum.

Think it was just the QS, so should I call and ask to close the secured card in exchange? The only reason was too many cards with them. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I thought as well. However, I had the secured card while I was approved for a Plat and QS1 last week. I've since closed the secured one though.

Message 5 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@rebuildingincb wrote:

Went on a little app spree recently got a Barclay's Rewards $2k, Southwest Premier $2k Amazon Store $800 Belk's $500, I apped at Sam's and got the 7-10 day, denied at Amex ED. When I went for the QS, they emailed me with that message I had too many cards with them. I currently have a secured $500 card ($0 balance) and a Platinum $400 card (~$220 balance). 

My question is should I call and ask to close the secured card in exchange for the QS? I am trying to get some decent cards so I can rid myself of the rebuilders, starting with 1st P....

IMHO you should try to drop the secured card, but don't do it on your own. What I would do is email the Capital One Executive Office, tell them your situation, and that you would gladly trade in your secured account for a Quicksilver card. And see what happens.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 6 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@elim wrote:

If I am remembering this right....

You can only have a total of 2 sub-prime cards with Cap One.  Once you get rid of them... You can have a total of 5 of their Premium cards with Cap One.

It's things like this that makes it a good idea to run any of my app plans through the forums before I app.

agree!! Both of those cards are considered subprime.   

Message 7 of 9
rebuildingincb
Contributor

I have emailed EO (yesterday) and will see what they do, I may payoff the $200 I owe on the Platinum and drop both of them along with my 2 First Premier cards next month. 

I did end up apping one more card, Lowe's Home Improvement, only got $300 but will call for recon tomorrow, I build homes for a living so this card could be used quite a bit if I can get a decent CL. 

Seriously, done for now! #garden

Message 8 of 9
elim
Senior Contributor

@rebuildingincb wrote:

I have emailed EO (yesterday) and will see what they do, I may payoff the $200 I owe on the Platinum and drop both of them along with my 2 First Premier cards next month. 

I did end up apping one more card, Lowe's Home Improvement, only got $300 but will call for recon tomorrow, I build homes for a living so this card could be used quite a bit if I can get a decent CL. 

Seriously, done for now! #garden

I think that is a great move!   If you're looking to build some limits, Lowes is known to quickly become a monster.  That and a Venture and you can garden awhile and get some nice limit cards you want.

Congrats!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.