cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Secured granted an unsecured CLI!!!!

tag
gatortrades
New Contributor

Cap One Secured granted an unsecured CLI!!!!

Just a little update for all you with cap one secured cards. I opened one in November 2011 for $300. I used it regularly until June 2013 when I got an unsecured cap one card. Since then it just sat unused. About 2 weeks ago, I get an email from them saying they were increasing my CL on that secured card to $750!!

I never asked or anything. I originally intended to max it out at $3k, but decided to get a boa secured and do that instead (bc cap one never unsecures). Just letting you all know it's possible, and I have no idea what the reason was behind it!! Most likely just enticing me to use it again I think! Hope you all get the same treatment!

Starting Score: 8/6/08 EQ-428 TU-471 EX-440
Current Score: EQ-822 Scorewatch 3/4/19 TU-798 BOA 3/19/19 EX-793 3/6/19 Discover Creditscorecard
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap One Secured granted an unsecured CLI!!!!

Very nice! I have noticed that cap 1 has been changing their game in the last year or so .....

They are actually allowing people to call in now and poke around for CLI's too .... which is what i am waiting to hear back from..... it is currently with their "Underwriting group" since i asked for one of my cap 1 cards that has been at the same credit limit for almost 2 years now.... but i asked for a 9500$ increase to 10K to match my other cards lol..... i dont think they will do that, but maybe a counter offer will be due? 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 8
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Message 3 of 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 4 of 8
godscountry
Regular Contributor

congrats.

thats such a funny story because I spoke with them a couple of weeks ago and asked them about increase or unsecuring and they said neither were possible and had to deposit more money to raise limit.  it is soon to be retired for me as I will be going on a spree soon.  thats good info to know though!

Current Scores: EX 652 I EQ 688 I TU 696
Cards appear in order of approval
Message 5 of 8
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 6 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@gatortrades wrote:
Just a little update for all you with cap one secured cards. I opened one in November 2011 for $300. I used it regularly until June 2013 when I got an unsecured cap one card. Since then it just sat unused. About 2 weeks ago, I get an email from them saying they were increasing my CL on that secured card to $750!!

I never asked or anything. I originally intended to max it out at $3k, but decided to get a boa secured and do that instead (bc cap one never unsecures). Just letting you all know it's possible, and I have no idea what the reason was behind it!! Most likely just enticing me to use it again I think! Hope you all get the same treatment!

Grats, yes Cap-1 been generous with unsecured secured card CLIs Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.