Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One - Steps for All?

tag
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Cap One - Steps for All?

I'm about ready to "graduate" from Capital One credit steps program. Just waiting till my next statement date. No luv so it appears that I will have the credit increase when I signed up for the card. Smiley Sad

I checked their pre-qual site and QS1 came up. Looking at that card, it appears it would have the credit steps program, too. Is only the QS and Venture cards the ones without credit steps at all?

Has anyone graduated, opened another card with Cap One and not be subject to the steps? I feel like a kid getting off restriction and might be going back onto it again. TIA

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One - Steps for All?

Hi Somewherein505!

I got the steps on my Platinum, but not on my Quicksilver. I haven't had Venture for six months yet, but am sure it doesn't get the steps increase either.

Message 2 of 4
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

My QS1 was enrolled in credit steps.  When I got my Venture1, it was not.  My QS was not in the program either.

I got my QS1 with a $300 CL in October of 2015 and cold apped for the Venture1 the following February and they gave me a $5,000 SL.  My credit steps increase in the QS1 hadn't even kicked in yet!  I wouldn't app for another QS1.  If your file has improved, can support another triple pull and new account, I would app for a QS.  If approved, I'd combine and close the QS1 into the QS.

DISCLAIMER:  While it worked out for me, as always YMMV!  Only you know your file. I have no idea about your scores or file.  

Message 3 of 4
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Thank you for your help and responses!

The CSR told me that both Ventura and QS had the steps programs on it (website shows it does not). I was hoping to build history and a reputation where they would want me to upgarde/add another card to my wallet. I'm not so sure now because I don't want to be stuck on their steps program again.

Perhaps I'll garden till 2018 and see what offiers I get in the mail until then.

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.