Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One prequalify

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One prequalify

Bored at work today and I decided to check out the Cap One credit card products and did the prequalify page and one of the offer's was the Capital One Quicksilver credit card. The APR that was given was 13.74%, Do you think this is a pretty solid indicator of a good approval?

Stats currently are

TU (discover) 765

EX (Amex) 768

EQ ?

110k annual income

current CC's

AMEX BCE (34,500 limit) 0%util

Citi AAdantage (15,500 limit) 600 balance currently (will PIF once statement cuts)

Region's Platinum (12,000) 0% util

Discover IT (11,200) 0%util

Macy's (7,400) 0%util

Amex, citi, are recently acquired credit cards (amex in march, citi in may)

other factors are student loan's (22000/26500)

Mortgage opened in March with 3 payments made so far

Auto loan that I have had since March 2015 (4800/11100)

Monthly debt per CB are 996 mortgage, 268 student loan, 191 car payment. Zero lates/judgments/collections/etc

Ultimately I am wanting to add 1-2 more CC's to my portfolio for Utilization padding and diversity. I was considering Cap One/Chase or possibly Penfed (I like the idea of getting in with Penfed as I will be buying a truck in the near future and wouldn't mind having another CU aside from the one I use now for financing options)

Not sure what type of credit card though, most of my spend is on food/everyday items and occasionally 1-2 times a year I travel (internationally usually and I typically fly American Airlines which is why I acquired the Citi AAdvantage recently)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap One prequalify

A single APR for most prequalifications is about as solid an offer as you can get. With your scores, as long as there is nothing wrong (late payments, baddies, inquiries, etc), I would take the triple pull for a 13.94% APR. 

Note: Having seen what you said about your interest in PenFed, I would look at them as well. They are great in general and you could probably score a much better card.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as Penfed, do you have to have a checking/saving account with them? and it is one HP to apply for membership and you can use that same pull for any of their products within a certain time period, correct? What bureau do they pull?

Message 3 of 6
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

You need to have a Share Savings Account ($5.00 minimum). It's one pull for the membership and all products, but I've heard some people say it's for 30 days and others say 90. They pull Equifax, but it's their own scoring system (Next Gen 2). With your scores, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay thank you for the information, It will probably be a few months until I app for another card (although I am getting a little trigger happy and wanting to do it now haha).. I just am not entirely sure what card is "right" for me next, between Penfed, Chase, BOA, Cap One, etc... I think I definately want a cash back card for general spending as I find myself only using my Discover card for 5% categories, Amex for dining (as I get 10% back for now) and my Citi card for gas/general purposes at the moment while I am trying to get the spend for my mile bonus. After all of these promo's are up I will want something that is strictly 1.5-2% "cash back"

Message 5 of 6
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

That prequal is legit. Two weeks ago I got approved with the same APR.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.