Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one QS CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap one QS CLI?

Relative new to myfico. I have trolled the archives for some guidance on Capital One QS.  I have had a platnum card with a CL of $2150 and recently upgraded to QS (5/10/17). I logged in to inquire about CLI and their offer was a measley $250. My question, is should I wait or pull the trigger as its only a SP?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
sonicchris8
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap one QS CLI?

Only thing is you wouldn't be eligible for another increase for 6 months. It is only SP for CLI.

Starting scores: 538 EQ, 552 TU, 520 EX Current scores (11/18/20): 640 EQ 638 TU 654 EX
Message 2 of 9
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

They have been tightening up lately so it may not have anything to do with you personally Op
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are really tightening up as someone else mentioned. Also check your actual usage and average payments. The more usage and higher payments, they tend to be upward bound. If you didn't accept that CLI, you can wait another statement and try again to see if it went up. But if you did take it, it's 6 months from the date of acceptance for the next one to work on them offering a higher one possibly. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most people are getting the "too many inquiries" denial message so I'd take the $250 and run lol!! 😂
Message 5 of 9
iowe
Regular Contributor

They are the same for everyone. I've tried to cli my QS twice in the last 4 months and both times the most they will offer is $300. As soon as I pay the balance off this month it's gonna be heading to my sock drawer. It has served it's purpose and I have better cards from places that really reward my investment.

2024 Goal: To finally be debt free
Message 6 of 9
iowe
Regular Contributor

...and this was both before and after my recent score jumps. I tried with 703-709-702 and recently with 735-740-733 myfico 08 scores.

2024 Goal: To finally be debt free
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait, i was getting an offer of $500 for like 5 or 6 weeks but this week they finally gave me $3000 CLI offer
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dave and everyone who left comments.  Im waiting to see what they are going to do. My current balance is $1275 and Ill go to a branch to PIF.  Ill check there credit score to see if it goes up and then Ill plu the info back in and see if they give a better cli. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.