Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one Venture approval odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap one Venture approval odds?

Hi guys/ladies!

Applied for venture last night (yes one with AF which I am okay with) I ended up getting a 7-10 day message. This card did come up on pre qual btw. I have looked around and have seen some posts from here and other forums recent to about several years old with people having the same thing and been approved and others denied.

I have a QS card that was on steps as a platinum from cap one prior and is why I’m trying to get a different card and then combine CL.

Few stats:
670s-690s score across board (FICO)
I have good history with using cards and paying them on time. Nothing has been late. I have an auto in my name which is being paid on time every month and more than minimum due. Credit until is around 20%. Not ideal but still on the lower end. Depending on CRA inqs are 4-8 and also app’d and approved for chase and AMEX 6-8 months ago.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap one Venture approval odds?

Check out the credit pulls database and see the scores/profile data for those that were approved and denied for the card.  Based on that, you can see where you fall and get a pretty good idea of what your end result will be.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked the data base there were just a few in there with the card I was app’ing for.

Decided to give them a call and see if I needed to do anything else to push the application forward. The lady who helped me out said it was pending and that in 1-2 days someone should be calling me. Sounds like verification if anyone can chime in on it? Really hoping to get approved!
Message 3 of 13
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Please let us know how many inquiries and new accounts you have in the past 6/12/24 months.  Especially if you're approved.

Message 4 of 13
Snipper117
Contributor

Same situation when I applied in January.  After lady told me id receive a call in 1-2 days I received call in 1 day to verify it was me and not fradulent activity.  She said I would receive a letter in mail in 7-10 days.  So I called back again in 1 day to follow up and was approved.

I would wait for call from cap one then follow up in 1/2 days.  This will not effect your application status in anyway and you can get the answer your looking for sooner.

Regarding inquiries (Experian)

6 months 1

12 months 5

24 months 19

Good luck !

10/07/2020 BK7 Discharged Papers Received
10/07/2020 FICO 8 SCORES EXP 586 EQU 610 TU 557
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous
I checked the data base there were just a few in there with the card I was app’ing for.

When I search "Venture" I get 204 data points.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@brutalbodyshots

I was looking for ones in my state so only a few came up but yoirenright many more came up when just searching with no filter.

Still hoping to get approved and move my balance from my QS to the venture card. QS was a plat in the beginning on the steps program so it isn’t getting any CLI past $1250 and is why I applied for the venture card
Message 7 of 13
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

The advantage of searching the credit pulls database by state is to get an idea of which bureau might be pulled. Capital One pulls all three, so there's no need to narrow the search that way. Also, in your case, the bureau would have been irrelevant. You'd simply be looking for scores, income, etc.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right.  The approval odds/underwriting is going to be the same across all states, so looking at approval/denial data points relative to your profile across all states is the way to go.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Follow up again tomorrow....my application gor stalled for a QuickSilver for fraud and got released on 3/12 and then approved on 3/14. I had to call them. I got no phone call or email. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.