Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 CLI Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 CLI Denied

Bank ->"Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low" well if they increased it maybe I'd spend a bit more ugh.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Cap1 CLI Denied

Im just spitballing here but maybe put some spend on the card?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 15
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Bank ->"Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low" well if they increased it maybe I'd spend a bit more ugh.

You know what to do.  You are still a long way to get to $1MM credit line. Try again later.  Good luck.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BronzeTrader wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You know what to do.  You are still a long way to get to $1MM credit line. Try again later.  Good luck.

IKR ahahaha Smiley Happy thanks dudes

Message 4 of 15
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I have gotten that same message for a while now. So for a few months I put roughly a grand a month on it, but still kept getting that message. I just gave up after that and have resigned myself to my current limit. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 5 of 15
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

It seems that Cap1 wants all your spend..........my QS is stuck @ 7K with prior spends of 2-3K a month for several mos.   Cap1 grows for some,  not for others, maybe you have to carry balances with them.   That sounds like a Credit One maneuver, make you pay for CLI's

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

They just gave DW $2,000 increase but me only $150 on our QS .  similar scores, same income so go figure  

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Peteyglad wrote:

I have gotten that same message for a while now. So for a few months I put roughly a grand a month on it, but still kept getting that message. I just gave up after that and have resigned myself to my current limit. 

Yes! I spend on mine as well but don't they make money with swipe fee's off us? I always PIF.

Message 8 of 15
klarso11
Regular Contributor

Capital One has a blindfolded person throw a dart at a dartboard to determine your cli. At a time when AMEX, Discover, Citibank, FNBO and others have given huge increases Cap 1 comes up with a different excuse each time. At one time I used my QS for a balance transfer and for a year I paid 5 times the minimum payment to pay it off early. I asked for an increase and they said no because I only make the minimum payment too often.
Message 9 of 15
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

I did 11k, 32k and 17k over the summer and asked for a CLI one month and got that same reason. It's always one reason and an off the wall one. I believe the blindfolded dart thrower theory.
------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.