Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 CLI or Cap1 New App

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 CLI or Cap1 New App

Howdy.  I currently have a Cap1 QS at 5500 and was going to request a CLI.  I have tried to request one online but have been getting the monthly payment too low denial.  Whatever the case, I recently paid off the whole thing so figured I'd request one through chat or online.  Question is, however, has anybody gotten decent increases with them after being auto denied?  Is it better maybe just to app for another card with them and combine accounts down the road?  Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 CLI or Cap1 New App

When was your last CLI?  The rule is every 6 months since last CLI or account combinationg.   Wait for the 6 month mark and try.

If it's declied and the prequalification page offers you a card, snag it, but after doing a combinatoin you can't get a new CLI for 6 months.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

More than two years ago was last CLI. Is requesting via phone sometimes better than online mess?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got 3,000 CLI after an auto denial because it wasn't 6 months bringing me up to 7,000. But the next month I apped venture and they gave me 20,000 so it's almost like they wanted me to get another card instead of giving me a decent limit on the one that I have.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in a similar situation. Started with a QS1 during my rebuild. Recently PC'd to a QS. SL was $3500. Hit the luv button this week and got an immediate $500, so $4000 SL now. I'm wondering how much it can grow since it started as a rebuild QS1. On the preapproval page, I have both QS and Venture with single interest rate, not a range. I don't really have a use for a travel card or a 2nd QS, but combining them might be worthwhile. I'm planning on going after a Chase Freedom around September. Currently 3/24 so definitely don't want to get too crazy. I'm thinking wait to do anything with CO until after getting the Freedom? 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.