Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Toy Card and Luv Button

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 Toy Card and Luv Button

I opened a Cap1 Secured card - they made it unsecured two months ago, CL of $500. I hit the LUV button and they will let me know in 2-3 days.

Is that a yes or a polite no?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 Toy Card and Luv Button

@Anonymous wrote:

I opened a Cap1 Secured card - they made it unsecured two months ago, CL of $500. I hit the LUV button and they will let me know in 2-3 days.

Polite no.

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Polite no.

That's what I figured. OK, it remains in the sock drawer, to see the light of day twice a year to buy a tank of gas.

Message 3 of 24
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Polite no.

That's what I figured. OK, it remains in the sock drawer, to see the light of day twice a year to buy a tank of gas.

ARe you on credit steps? There is some success around the 5th month mark just prior to the CLI. 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 4 of 24
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

2-3 day notice is kiss of death

Sorry

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Polite no.

ARe you on credit steps? There is some success around the 5th month mark just prior to the CLI. 

I don't know what you mean by credit steps, but I am not on anything with them. I have never owed them more than the price of a tank of gas on this card and the bill was always paid before the bill was sent.

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

2-3 day notice is kiss of death

Sorry

Meaning????? They are closing the account? Maybe that's why they returned the security I had when it was a secured card.

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kiss of death does not mean they are closing the account.  What hes saying is that the 2-3 days is always a decline.

Im not saying it is impossible for you to get a CLI but with the usuage you are saying you put on the card i find it highly improbable.

Cap one has always gone up for me but with usage.  If you show you need the limit to be higher why would they raise the limit ?

Good luck.

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was in a similar situation as you, my CapOne unsecured last August and I PC'd the card to Quicksilver. Everything has remained the same, including the limit of $500. I attempted to submit a request for a limit increase, but had been met with the 2-3 day notice, which eventually lead to a denial a couple of days after. I had called customer services to inquire, why that is, and was told that since the card was just recently unsecured, that I would not be eligible for an increase until the 6th month post graduation. Which does not make sense to me, since they've already had 12 mos. of my usage and payment history. That along with my scores being almost 200 points more than what I started out with during the time they approved me for the secured card. It really doesn't make sense to me. On the upside, I have new trade lines which are more willing to grow with me. So, still a win win

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@clark_d_shark: it does make sense because Capital One doesn't allow a CLI for 6 months after a CLI request OR a PC.

IF you want to PC/upgrade, do a CLI request BEFORE requesting PC/upgrade.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.