Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 and your jacked scores

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Cap1 and your jacked scores

They at least stepped up to an email that gives you access to log into to access the letter (that's a step up for Cap1) but upon logging in to look at my denial letter (I already knew it was denied because EO called me yesterday and offered to have it manaual reviewed)

However the letter shows denied for to many Inq's on EX (no kidding)

Then gives scores for EX:

Your Credit Score 632 Date: 2015-01-01
Source: Experian

My FICO EX is a 687 at lowest as of this morning but all letters back around the first have me at a 700 or more.

I just BOIL when I get BS scores and it turns political and banking regulations in 2 seconds that will never allow a consumer to understand credit when we rarely are even on the same page.  Probably why Canada uses a simple letter score... UGH *SCREAM*

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap1 and your jacked scores

I feel your fustration, recently I applied for Neiman Marcus account and they send me a denial CLI letter and they stated my score is 673 when my fico is 701. I don't get it why they use a different system to give the consumer the higher tier interest rate and get a lower score..

Message 2 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

They at least stepped up to an email that gives you access to log into to access the letter (that's a step up for Cap1) but upon logging in to look at my denial letter (I already knew it was denied because EO called me yesterday and offered to have it manaual reviewed)

However the letter shows denied for to many Inq's on EX (no kidding)

Then gives scores for EX:

Your Credit Score 632 Date: 2015-01-01
Source: Experian

My FICO EX is a 687 at lowest as of this morning but all letters back around the first have me at a 700 or more.

I just BOIL when I get BS scores and it turns political and banking regulations in 2 seconds that will never allow a consumer to understand credit when we rarely are even on the same page.  Probably why Canada uses a simple letter score... UGH *SCREAM*

LOL really they cited EX?  WTH I thought it was always EQ on my denials and ya it is a bogus score, obviously not a FICO as mine was like 620 when me EQ is 660ish..  Not great granted.  I guess they can give credit to who they want as they are the ones that ultimately make the decision.  Least it isn't a HP.. I hit the button every week or two for giggles although knowing it will comeback saying 2-3 days.  I just keep reading it working for other people and maybe one day I will get som eof the fairy dust they have gotten.

Message 3 of 15
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

I dunno... when I was approved for Discover last month the letter stating my EQ score was 700 matched exactly with my FICO.

Maybe your EX report exploded due to all the INQs and dropped your FICO to 632?  Smiley Wink

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 4 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have my EQ frozen
Message 5 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have Experian fico and that's the lower 687 as of today but chase, Amex, usbank all send me scores over 709 pulled right around same day as this cap1 since they were all applied for right at first of year.
They are just using some fako and it just pisses me off when they send crap like that... Geez even my frozen EQ is pulling higher by cap1 for my current account reviews... That's when I know this is jacked up BS!!
Message 6 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:
I have my EQ frozen

Still a SP.. They can get the info.

Message 7 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

This was a new application not a credit line increase which is why Equifax was not used plus the freeze
Message 8 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Take that back that is an "EX FICO Classic V3"
Usbank used it too.
WOW, shocked and actually more confused than it being a fako!!!
Message 9 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:
This was a new application not a credit line increase which is why Equifax was not used plus the freeze

ah thanks for the clarifcation

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.