Cap1 and your jacked scores

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap1 and your jacked scores

@Creditaddict wrote:
Take that back that is an "EX FICO Classic V3"
Usbank used it too.
WOW, shocked and actually more confused than it being a fako!!!

Thought most bank big lenders being CC's were using 08 now...

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

They at least stepped up to an email that gives you access to log into to access the letter (that's a step up for Cap1) but upon logging in to look at my denial letter (I already knew it was denied because EO called me yesterday and offered to have it manaual reviewed)

However the letter shows denied for to many Inq's on EX (no kidding)

Then gives scores for EX:

Your Credit Score 632 Date: 2015-01-01
Source: Experian

My FICO EX is a 687 at lowest as of this morning but all letters back around the first have me at a 700 or more.

I just BOIL when I get BS scores and it turns political and banking regulations in 2 seconds that will never allow a consumer to understand credit when we rarely are even on the same page.  Probably why Canada uses a simple letter score... UGH *SCREAM*

A letter score is anything BUT simple..

However, CapitalOne has never given me anything but the same FICO 08 EQ score that I get from here..

I don't get where that even comes from. On another note, my EX FICO jumped to over 690 today!

Message 12 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

They at least stepped up to an email that gives you access to log into to access the letter (that's a step up for Cap1) but upon logging in to look at my denial letter (I already knew it was denied because EO called me yesterday and offered to have it manaual reviewed)

However the letter shows denied for to many Inq's on EX (no kidding)

Then gives scores for EX:

Your Credit Score 632 Date: 2015-01-01
Source: Experian

My FICO EX is a 687 at lowest as of this morning but all letters back around the first have me at a 700 or more.

I just BOIL when I get BS scores and it turns political and banking regulations in 2 seconds that will never allow a consumer to understand credit when we rarely are even on the same page.  Probably why Canada uses a simple letter score... UGH *SCREAM*

A letter score is anything BUT simple..

However, CapitalOne has never given me anything but the same FICO 08 EQ score that I get from here..

I don't get where that even comes from. On another note, my EX FICO jumped to over 690 today!

yes the EQ score I get is the same I get from DCU and such.

I could cry over this EX... I would care a lot less if I hadn't got the same score from USBank because I was hoping to get back in the door with them with banking relationship but that is a 60-70 point difference from the standard fico score or fico 08 that I am getting from everyone else!

Anyone know what the classic is weighted on compared to the 08?

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had something similar with a best buy credit card. They denied me the MC version and gave me the prefered store card and the letter said they pulled EX 754, my fico EX said 772.

Message 14 of 15
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had something similar with a best buy credit card. They denied me the MC version and gave me the prefered store card and the letter said they pulled EX 754, my fico EX said 772.

Mine said 699 even though my EQ score is still in the 700s. Hmmmmm.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.