Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 denial letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 denial letter

Hey guys. I apped for the cap1 venture one card. please note that I already have 2 cap1 cards in good standing. I just got the letter:

Thank you for applying for a credit card issued by Capital One®. Unfortunately, after reviewing your
application and information obtained from your consumer credit report(s) from the agencies detailed
on the back of this letter - we cannot approve your request at this time.
The reason(s) for our decision are:
• Based on your credit report from Equifax, credit bureau information is missing or unavailable

• Based on your credit report from Experian, credit bureau information is missing or unavailable

• Based on your credit report from Trans Union, credit bureau information is missing or unavailable

I noticed a triple pull on my monitoring. Can anyone explain?

Edit: both of the cap1 cards I have were instapprovals as well

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 denial letter

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys. I apped for the cap1 venture one card. please note that I already have 2 cap1 cards in good standing. I just got the letter:

Thank you for applying for a credit card issued by Capital One®. Unfortunately, after reviewing your
application and information obtained from your consumer credit report(s) from the agencies detailed
• Based on your credit report from Equifax, credit bureau information is missing or unavailable

• Based on your credit report from Experian, credit bureau information is missing or unavailable

• Based on your credit report from Trans Union, credit bureau information is missing or unavailable

Which 2 Crap1's? Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the QS1 and a plat back in sept, but the plat has since been PC to QS1. so 2 QS1

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the QS1 and a plat back in sept, but the plat has since been PC to QS1. so 2 QS1

This is why. Close one and re-app if you feel like you want to take another plunge into triple-pull land.

Otherwise, wait it out till your AAoA gets higher and dump both. -- Then go for it.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont understand - do they not let you have more than 2 in X months?

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont understand - do they not let you have more than 2 in X months?

No more than 2 "average credit" CC's from CapOne at any time as I understand it. I believe the hard limit is 4 for "excellent credit" CC's by them.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ventureone is an "Excellent Credit" card.

I called in, and they said

"since we pulled your reports in september, you only have 2 months of credit history and only two cards. that is not enough to qualify for an Excellent rated card"

"No, I have 9 open tradelines from prime lenders and 2 loans. you're not the only credit card company on the planet"

"sir, you dont qualify for this card because you do not have good enough credit"

"okay, then why did the letter say that i didnt have ANY credit? that doesnt make sense to me. I dont have any freezes on my reports, and I have impeccable credit."

"sir i recommend speaking with a credit advisor to help guide you to establishing a credit history"

"I would like to speak to a credit analyst or a supervisor"

"we do not have credit advisors at Capital one. I can give you the phone number for the credit bureaus who can help assist you."

"no thank you. goodbye."

UGHHHHHHH

I'm really beginning to despise crap1. every other number on the backdoor thread takes you straight to the automated system. 

Message 7 of 14
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ventureone is an "Excellent Credit" card.

I called in, and they said

"since we pulled your reports in september, you only have 2 months of credit history and only two cards. that is not enough to qualify for an Excellent rated card"

"No, I have 9 open tradelines from prime lenders and 2 loans. you're not the only credit card company on the planet"

"sir, you dont qualify for this card because you do not have good enough credit"

"okay, then why did the letter say that i didnt have ANY credit? that doesnt make sense to me. I dont have any freezes on my reports, and I have impeccable credit."

"sir i recommend speaking with a credit advisor to help guide you to establishing a credit history"

"I would like to speak to a credit analyst or a supervisor"

"we do not have credit advisors at Capital one. I can give you the phone number for the credit bureaus who can help assist you."

"no thank you. goodbye."

UGHHHHHHH

I'm really beginning to despise crap1. every other number on the backdoor thread takes you straight to the automated system. 

Try reaching out on Facebook by sending a PM with your concerns. It'll get you connected to the EO who may be able to better assist you.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 8 of 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Search link below for CEO email exective office.

http://bit.ly/1g0P1zO

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

For a young man you have an excellent lineup of cards in your siggy. I would wait and let your cards age a bit and then go for the Venture. You are doing a great  job so far. Lenders may also see that you have been given a lot of credit is a short amount of time with healthy limits. Garden fo awhile and see what happens in the future! 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.