Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne QS CLI denied

tag
ecocredit
New Contributor

CapOne QS CLI denied

The reason was - "Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low". My utilization has been close to 50% and I always PIF. What gives? Can I appeal this?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne QS CLI denied

@ecocredit wrote:

The reason was - "Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low". My utilization has been close to 50% and I always PIF. What gives? Can I appeal this?

Contact EO, This is their standard "Buzz off" reason.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed
Message 3 of 12
ecocredit
New Contributor

Thanks I'll do that.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nixon knows of which he speaks. They told me the same thing for 2 years. The truth of the matter never bothered them.

Message 5 of 12
OffToBetterStart
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@ecocredit wrote:

Contact EO, This is their standard "Buzz off" reason.

^^^ This is what i would do for sure .

NFCU Cash Rewards $10,000 -Cap 1 Venture $10,750 - Care Credit $7,000 - Cap 1 Quicksilver $5,000 - Cap 1 Venture 1 $5,000 - Barclays Arrival $6,150 - Barclay Rewards $3,190 -Cap 1 Quicksilver $6,000 - Walmart $700
BK7 Discharge 1/04/2013
Current Scores EX (657) EQ (671) TU (644)
Message 6 of 12
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

That's funny... I just doubled my CL with the luv button from $2000 to $4000 with 6 months of $50 per month PIF usage.

Message the EO on FB and they will call you back.

CapOne makes no sense I know... good luck OP.

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 7 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

That response I agree with Nixon is their typical go-away message unless you want to contact the EO.

Message 8 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@TRC_WA wrote:

That's funny... I just doubled my CL with the luv button from $2000 to $4000 with 6 months of $50 per month PIF usage.

You realize you are probably reaching the Max Cap1 is willing to extend you right?  You might squeak out one more CLI on your lower limit one, then you will start seeing the same message as the rest of us get all the timeSmiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

You realize you are probably reaching the Max Cap1 is willing to extend you right?  You might squeak out one more CLI on your lower limit one, then you will start seeing the same message as the rest of us get all the timeSmiley Happy

I have no doubt.   We'll find at the end of Feb when I'm due on my 2nd card...

Makes no difference to me either way... I rarely use either card... $50 per month average... $100 if I go crazy with the iTunes purchases.

The 1.5% isn't all that and if I wasn't at $6750 CL with CapOne I'd have closed the accounts last month when I closed the other accounts I didn't need.  I don't mind keeping them open to pad the UTI.  Can't do that with a toy limit card.

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.