Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne Venture CLI

tag
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

CapOne Venture CLI

Any thoughts ion whether the luv button or emailing EO is a better strategy? My Venture card is now my lowest line at $6K and would like it bumped to at least $10K. I've never tried the luv button with CapOne before. The last time I received an increase ($3K to $6K) was 7 or 8 months ago through the EO. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne Venture CLI

Go directly with EO

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1000

Message 3 of 8
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@BackInTheSaddleAgain wrote:

Any thoughts ion whether the luv button or emailing EO is a better strategy? My Venture card is now my lowest line at $6K and would like it bumped to at least $10K. I've never tried the luv button with CapOne before. The last time I received an increase ($3K to $6K) was 7 or 8 months ago through the EO. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I'd try the LUV button first and accept the results.   If that isn't satisfactory, request a manual review from the EO.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 8
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

I'd try the LUV button first and accept the results.   If that isn't satisfactory, request a manual review from the EO.   

This.

Message 5 of 8
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Yes, this is what I was thinking. However, I was worried that if they didn't give me the $4,000 increase as requested, that it would affect my ability to obtain one from the EO afterwards. Being, I would have to wait another 30 days, or 6 months, or whatever their CLI rules are.

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

You have the option to not accept the CLI.
Message 7 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Since it's been several months, I'd try the Luv Button first. It's not out of the ordinary to want A CLI after that long so it very well may approve you.

If it approves you for less than you expect or want, just don't accept it and contact the EO and go from there.

If it declines you, same advice, call EO.

It may approve you for what you want and save you from hassling with the EO. Capital One's EO is not really the "instant answer" variety, they're the "we'll call you back within a week" variety which is fine but no need to bother them for basic requests like this where you have a chance of getting it through the button without issue. I think people get so paranoid about Cap One that everything has to go through the EO, and while many things do, it doesn't mean you automatically have to call the EO for a CLI.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.