Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One 3 Bureau Pull Process

tag
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

Capital One 3 Bureau Pull Process

Hi everyone,

Since they pull all 3 bureaus for their credit cards, if 1 bureau is frozen, will they automatically deny the application or just pull the 2 that is open?

Started 6/2014 EX 594 EQ 617 TU 580 FICO's Goal is 740's and up
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One 3 Bureau Pull Process

Some have gotten in with 2

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 14
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

Some have gotten in with 2

Thank you for your quick reply. 

Message 3 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

Its rare for those that have been successful so my question is why risk a denial trying to beat the system?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 14
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Its rare for those that have been successful so my question is why risk a denial trying to beat the system?

With all due respect MJ, please dont assume that is why I am asking the question. Not everyone is out to beat the system. I simply wanted to know for my own knowledge. Please dont assume something unless someone explicity implies that. I thought thats what these boards are for which is to ask questions and help those better their credit.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

i think you will be ok

GL

Message 6 of 14
noobafterbk
Contributor

can you update us if you choose to apply and only have two CRA accounts open and if you get approved or not
Message 7 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@jacksont1981 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

With all due respect MJ, please dont assume that is why I am asking the question. Not everyone is out to beat the system. I simply wanted to know for my own knowledge. Please dont assume something unless someone explicity implies that. I thought thats what these boards are for which is to ask questions and help those better their credit.

Maybe beat was the wrong term .....sorry didn't mean any harm and maybe I should have been more specific in my question... My bad Smiley Surprised 

However if you know a lender pulls 3 times for approval my question still stands why waste 2 HP's on a chance of denial?
That was the only assumption/point I was making.

If it was a (1) HP lender then that's a different story and luck of the draw but (2) HP's IMHO is not worth considering it....

I'm a firm believer of having every aspect/base covered to optimize my chances of approval and using HP's for maximum opportunities but that's just me.

Case in point the only reasons I haven't jumped on the Venture bandwagon is (1) the card doesn't fit my profile currently and I have nice limits so don't need that and (2) based on their 3 HP rule I can use those 3 HP's for 3 different cards with 3 different bonuses.

Others may feel differently tho and in the end the HP's are yours and I would sincerely hate to see you waste any because the 2nd HP could have been another card you may like or benefit from....

I also concur this forum is all about us helping each other by asking question and getting answers and we fully encourage that from everyone but when you ask questions also expect all answers and points of views too .Smiley Wink

That being said if it were me and this is just my opinion I wouldn't risk 2 HP's on a lender that expects to pull 3 hoping for an approval 

Good luck should you app I'll be pulling for you

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jacksont1981 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Since they pull all 3 bureaus for their credit cards, if 1 bureau is frozen, will they automatically deny the application or just pull the 2 that is open?

When I got approved for CAP 1 secured card, they only pulled equifax & transunion. 1 month ago.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone just posted that they had 2 frozen and Cap One only pulled the one that was not frozen.  

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.