Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI LUV Declined

tag
rexbolt
Valued Member

Re: Capital One CLI LUV Declined

I am about to give up on Capital One and Discover. I get denied everytime, which is odd, because all of my scores are 740+, my utilization is about 8%. I've used both cards alot. In the past 2 months, I've been instantly approved for cards with a $10K+ limit. 

My Wallet: Amex BCP $19.5K | BOA Cash Rewards $15K | BOA Better Balance $10K | Cap One Venture $10K | Cap One QS $3K | Chase Freedom $4.5K | Barclay Rewards WMC $5K | Citi Simplicity $8.4K | Discover It! $2K | Huntington Voice $5K | PNC Cash Builder VS $17.5K | Total Rewards VS $12K | Sams Club $7.5K
Message 51 of 57
beezy

@rexbolt wrote:

I am about to give up on Capital One and Discover. I get denied everytime, which is odd, because all of my scores are 740+, my utilization is about 8%. I've used both cards alot. In the past 2 months, I've been instantly approved for cards with a $10K+ limit. 

Well I searched through the endless pages of Capital One EO threads on myfico and finally found contact info. I contacted them yesterday, and The guy was extremly nice! He took a look at my account, asked a few questions such as income, address etc. and then asked what my desired limit would be. Currently I'm at $1,000 and I've had their card for a few years, never a missed payment and PIF several times a month because limit is so small.

I told him my Chase Freedom grew with me and I was currently at $7500. I also told him I dont want to shoot myself in the foot for asking for too much or too little. He suggested I just say 10k but willing to accept a lower counter offer from them. So I said sure, that sounds good!  He said he will send to the underwriter for a manual review and that he will be contacting me back within a week, although it may be as soon as less than 3 days.

I'm hopeful, but I'll keep everyone updated on the outcome.  

(background: fico scores in 700's, no collections, no baddies, 2 hard inquries, but a few late payments on student loans in 2009)

Message 52 of 57
beezy

Just an update: Logged in to capital one this morning to find my limit went from $1,000 to $3,000!  I'll take it! 

Message 53 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recieved a message very similar to Remember0 when I tried to increase my credit line. Can you also PM me the number/email of the EO.

Message 54 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please PM me info. I've held a Cap 1 Account for 4 years and I am continually stuck at 500 CL. Please help!

Message 55 of 57
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you please PM me info. I've held a Cap 1 Account for 4 years and I am continually stuck at 500 CL. Please help!

Please use this information for Capital One's Executive Office

http://bit.ly/1g0P1zO

Message 56 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I was about to get a email address and send email. I will post update if and when I get any!

Message 57 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.