cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI question (do I accept or call them?)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One CLI question (do I accept or call them?)

So I've heard it was nearly impossible to get a CLI from Cap one within 90 days on new accounts.

Here is my situation, May 28th I applied for Cap One Plat and was given a toy amount $300 on the same day I got a $12,000 CLI for my Sync Lowes card which also started at $300.

I've since got my scores up 50 points and I tried the Cap One CLI even though I read it was pointless on new cards within 90 days. The automated system is offering to bump me $100 to $400 (I know fire up the celebration lol) .

Do I accept this offer from the automated system or call and attempt for a higher CLI? Or wait? I'm not sure what to do and would love some advice. Thanks everyone.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One CLI question (do I accept or call them?)

I wouldn't waste a CLI for $100.  I'd wait 6 months and do a CLI request then and chances are you'd do better.

Message 2 of 5
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wouldn't waste a CLI for $100.  I'd wait 6 months and do a CLI request then and chances are you'd do better.

It's not a waste If OP is on Credit Steps - And with a new account at a $300 SL, it's guaranteed they are. A pre-Credit Steps CLI should always be taken because you'll still get your Credit Steps CLI after the fifth statement generates. That starts the 6 month CLI clock. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the input guys, I do not know if I am in credit steps lol but probably am. Think I remember seeing something about automatic CLI in 5 statements. Went ahead and accepted the $100 CLI. Even if I have to wait till Feb to get another it's not such a big deal. I really appreciate the advice members here put forward. Like AverageJoesCredit says "It's a marathon not a sprint race".

Message 4 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, aint that the truthSmiley Wink

Deebee78 is correct seeing its probable you are in credit steps. Now i know $100 isnt much but the best way to look at it is its $100 more than you had yesterdaySmiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.