Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont disagree with most of the things ur saying but my point is that cap1 is a rebuilder card if your limit is less then 2500$.Cap1 promises cli and u get those years after you pay your account on time.Others do it in 6 months and when they do it they do give you a lot more than Cap1 does.I dont think they are the right lender for fico of 680 and up, thats all iam sayng.

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 51 of 65
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

I opened my Capital One Visa in 1998 & obtained my AMEX in 1999, so the point of "prime lenders" NOT liking it when they see Capital One on your credit report is absurd ! Not only that, my credit line started at $3000 AND never issued as a rebuilder card. As a matter of fact, Citibank gave me in 1994 a $10,000 Diamond Preferred Select Visa with the very same C1 account ALL OVER 3 credit bureaus....and I've NEVER entertained the thought of closing C1 as they've ONLY been good to me (I did close the CITI....they are the "devil" to me....IMO).

SisterGirl 

SisterGirl
Message 52 of 65
p-
Valued Contributor

@astritaho1979 wrote:

I dont disagree with most of the things ur saying but my point is that cap1 is a re-builder card if your limit is less then 2500$.Cap1 promises cli and u get those years after you pay your account on time.Others do it in 6 months and when they do it they do give you a lot more than Cap1 does.I dont think they are the right lender for fico of 680 and up, thats all iam sayng.

If used right, Capital One can be very helpful to a re-builder.  They were the first card to open the door for me to 4 figure limits, and even though it was a re-builder card, they gave me a 3,500 cl.  That, at a time when my only card was an Orchard Bank with a 570 limit.  Once I had the Cap 1, I suddenly qualified for Amex, Chase, USAA, and other prime products.  Now, they have converted me to the green cash card with a 10k line.  I can't see how that could possibly be hurting my file.  Mind you, start to finish this took less than 18 months.

I'm not sure how much weight (if any) underwriters put toward sub-prime's in the mix.  My report is still sporting an open Orchard Bank card, and a closed secured Wells Fargo card.  On any automated app I pass with flying colors; I've qualified for the best mortgage rate available, a 1.5% car loan, and have literally 50 times the credit line that I did when I apped for the original Cap 1.  I've spoken to recon credit analysts who reviewed my file line-by-line and had no comments whatsoever on that line.

On a manual review, nothing in my report identifies the Cap 1 as a sub-prime card.  It is one of my two highest limits, offers rewards with no AF, and has no foreign transaction fees.  Add that to what they did for me when I was sub-prime, and suddenly marginal CSR's don't seem like that big a disadvantage.  Especially when I can just cut right to the execs if I need more help.

If a B of A rep told me to close it in order to improve my credit picture, I would question their expertise.  I have yet to hear or see any reasonable argument for dumping my second oldest and largest limit revolver.

Message 53 of 65
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

astridaho1979,

Just to let you know, your insistance that everyone not call for increases and to close their Capital One cards prompted me to finally get around to sending the executive office an email.  I got a phone call back and I ended up getting a CLI from $1500 to $5000.  Guess I'm keeping my card.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 54 of 65
p-
Valued Contributor

@kimmiller112 wrote:

astridaho1979,

Just to let you know, your insistance that everyone not call for increases and to close their Capital One cards prompted me to finally get around to sending the executive office an email.  I got a phone call back and I ended up getting a CLI from $1500 to $5000.  Guess I'm keeping my card.

I have a long-held theory that is constantly supported by peronal experience:

Most big companies want to take care of customers.  They want to keep us happy, because we are the source of their income.  But, somewhere between middle management, cost-cutting, and the like, the end of the line CSR's fail to give a spit, or don't know how to take care of us.

So, if you aren't happy at the CSR level, you keep moving up the chain until you reach someone who cares and has the autonomy to take action. 

This has worked in almost every situation I've encountered.  And it works way better than just going on the internet to complain.

Message 55 of 65
DCole3g
New Contributor

Well I guess capital one is in a generous mood. I emailed the executive office Monday, got a call back Wednesday, and a $1000 credit limit increase Thursday. They didn't give me what I asked for, but I'll take that. The lady I spoke with said they are working to make it easier to get CLI and that I should try back later for another increase. In the last 30 days I've gotten $3100 in cli for three different cards thanks to the information I've found on this site!!!
Message 56 of 65
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

What's your fico score

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
Message 57 of 65
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

Yea ok at 26 percent

Message 58 of 65
p-
Valued Contributor

@astritaho1979 wrote:
Yea ok at 26 percent

26 percent?  Ouch.  Mine is much less than that, but still high enough that there's no way I would carry a balance on it.

Message 59 of 65

Congrats!! Can you please PM me the email address you used? I'm suffering!

Starting Score: 8/2009 - 542
Current Score: 1/2013 - TU 702 / EQ 692/ EX 692
Goal Score: All above 700
Wallet: Discover IT - $8,800 | Amex PRG - NPSL | Capital One Platinum Mastercard - $5,000 | Capital One Cash Rewards Mastercard - $2,000 | Citi Thank You Preferred Visa - $3,000 | USAirways Mastercard - $5,000
Message 60 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.