cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One EO love for 2-year anniversary!

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Capital One EO love for 2-year anniversary!

Hello all,

If it wasn't for myFICO, I would never have known about the EO route, and would have accepted whatever decision the front line CSR's gave me...lol. I started with Capital One as my very first card while rebuilding. It was the Platinum with $39 AF and $500 CL. The Credit Steps program made it $750 after 5 months. I read about the EO here, and in 3 months emailed them as recommended.

They upgraded me to the Quicksilver One, waived the AF that was coming due, and gave me an increase to $1,500. Six months after that, I hit the luv button and was given $500. Immediately after, I emailed the EO and they did not even mention the $500 I had received. They increased my CL another $1,000, which made my CL $3,000.

I had been trying to get upgraded to the QS, which really only differs in the no AF feature. The EO kept saying it was not possible. So, on the 16th, 6 months later, I emailed the EO and yes, there was an offer to upgrade me to the QS! This offer wasn't on the website, of course...lol. So I am now waiting for the new card. I asked for a CL of $6,000 which in retrospect I should have asked for $10K, since they counter offer. I'll be getting a call next week with the results, even though often the CL increase, if it's given, shows up on the site before the call. I could never have done this without the amazing help here at myFICO. Thank you all!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One EO love for 2-year anniversary!

Congrats on the upgrade and good luck with the CLI! If you get above $5k be sure to ask if it can be upgraded to the WMC. Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 10
Amexit

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Hello all,

If it wasn't for myFICO, I would never have known about the EO route, and would have accepted whatever decision the front line CSR's gave me...lol. I started with Capital One as my very first card while rebuilding. It was the Platinum with $39 AF and $500 CL. The Credit Steps program made it $750 after 5 months. I read about the EO here, and in 3 months emailed them as recommended.

They upgraded me to the Quicksilver One, waived the AF that was coming due, and gave me an increase to $1,500. Six months after that, I hit the luv button and was given $500. Immediately after, I emailed the EO and they did not even mention the $500 I had received. They increased my CL another $1,000, which made my CL $3,000.

I had been trying to get upgraded to the QS, which really only differs in the no AF feature. The EO kept saying it was not possible. So, on the 16th, 6 months later, I emailed the EO and yes, there was an offer to upgrade me to the QS! This offer wasn't on the website, of course...lol. So I am now waiting for the new card. I asked for a CL of $6,000 which in retrospect I should have asked for $10K, since they counter offer. I'll be getting a call next week with the results, even though often the CL increase, if it's given, shows up on the site before the call. I could never have done this without the amazing help here at myFICO. Thank you all!

congrats! what a cool journey with cap1 

makes me wanna try that but I don't care for cap1 and their customer service too much so I just don't use their product 

FICO's 07/07/2014 EQ 725 EX 727 TU 724
Message 3 of 10
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

Congrats on the upgrade and good luck with the CLI! If you get above $5k be sure to ask if it can be upgraded to the WMC. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, Coldnmn...I was not aware of the WMC option.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 4 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Thank you, Coldnmn...I was not aware of the WMC option.

I noticed someone had over a $5k CL and PM them if they had the WMC they said no. I told them to go through Facebook (they seem to go the extra mile I think for job security) to contact EO. A week later WMC.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 10
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS to you on your success with the Capital One EO!!!  I too started with them as my very 1st credit card and they have been quite good to me.  Best wishes to you on your credit journey!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 6 of 10
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

I just got two CLI from cap one. One from the credit steps and the other from the EO. I was really hoping for atleast 5k to get the wmc but no go yet. I will try again in nov. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 7 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Hello all,

Grats Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
ChargeItPlease
Regular Contributor

Cap One has been good to me too. Congrats and good luck with the EO.

Starting Score: 400s (2011) Current: EQ 655 (01-2014) Goal: 700 Last app: 01-01-14. No apps 'til 12-2014!
Message 9 of 10
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.