TransUnion: 628

Equifax: 613

Experian: 602

I have 3/4 degoraty marks

BOA: Closed account, paid in full March 2014

Barclay: Closed account, paid in full Feb 2014

Collection paid in full on Exqifax and Experian

Settled card in less than full amount 2013

Reason for these still a student and was unemployed for a few years, but that doesnt make a difference to creditors, I have tried goodwill getures to get rid of them and used BBB and CFPB. 

I have 3 open lines of credit

Capital One Secured Card limit- 200, since Jan of this year, never missed a payment

another account since 2011 limit 1k, never missed a payment

I was just approved for a car loan 1 month ago 12k+, I have made my first payment

What are my chances?  Also they asked me to send my DL and copy of my SSN for verfication purposes

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Quick Silver Approval Odds?

@JDF569 wrote:

My scores are as follows:

TransUnion: 628

Equifax: 613

Experian: 602

I have 3/4 degoraty marks

BOA: Closed account, paid in full March 2014

Barclay: Closed account, paid in full Feb 2014

Collection paid in full on Exqifax and Experian

Settled card in less than full amount 2013

Reason for these still a student and was unemployed for a few years, but that doesnt make a difference to creditors, I have tried goodwill getures to get rid of them and used BBB and CFPB. 

I have 3 open lines of credit

Capital One Secured Card limit- 200, since Jan of this year, never missed a payment

another account since 2011 limit 1k, never missed a payment

I was just approved for a car loan 1 month ago 12k+, I have made my first payment

What are my chances?  Also they asked me to send my DL and copy of my SSN for verfication purposes

Did you already apply?  I think you'd have a better chance for Quicksilver One with Fico scores around 650. 

Message 2 of 38
JDF569
Established Member

Yeah, I did unforunately.  But creditkarma said my chances of approval "very good".  Probably under a good indicator but it said lowest approval was 583 and highest approval 613 or something.  And I read other people's opinion and they mentioned there scores and based off that I think it looks good but never can say.

Message 3 of 38
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@JDF569 wrote:

Yeah, I did unforunately.  But creditkarma said my chances of approval "very good".  Probably under a good indicator but it said lowest approval was 583 and highest approval 613 or something.  And I read other people's opinion and they mentioned there scores and based off that I think it looks good but never can say.

Ah CreditKarma.  I think their "approval odds" are directly tied in with number of inquiries alone, but that's a whole other discussion.  Well goodluck and keep us posted.  I hope it gets approved!

Message 4 of 38
JDF569
Established Member

Thanks, I was hoping since I've had  a secured card with them for 8 months that would increase my chances.  i'll probably find out on monday if im approved or not, ill post when I find out.

Message 5 of 38
ChargeItPlease
Regular Contributor

I think you've got a good chance for the Quicksilver One MasterCard. My profile was similar when I was approved last year. My score was about 625. I don't think you'd have a chance for the no annual fee Quicksilver Visa though. I think score needs to be 700+.

Starting Score: 400s (2011) Current: EQ 655 (01-2014) Goal: 700 Last app: 01-01-14. No apps 'til 12-2014!
Message 6 of 38
elim
Senior Contributor

@JDF569 wrote:

Thanks, I was hoping since I've had  a secured card with them for 8 months that would increase my chances.  i'll probably find out on monday if im approved or not, ill post when I find out.

Good Luck!

Message 7 of 38
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@JDF569 wrote:

Ah CreditKarma.  I think their "approval odds" are directly tied in with number of inquiries alone, but that's a whole other discussion.  Well goodluck and keep us posted.  I hope it gets approved!

Naaa They tell me I have a good chance with a Barclay's cards even with 16 HP's on my TU report

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 8 of 38
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@JDF569 wrote:

Naaa They tell me I have a good chance with a Barclay's cards even with 16 HP's on my TU report

I stand corrected Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 38
TheFate
Established Contributor

Honestly you may have a chance at QS1 with an AF not the regular QS.

Good luck tho, keep us posted!

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.