Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture One Application - Too many INQ

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Venture One Application - Too many INQ

@mkhan1093 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just FYI in case anyone else is in the same boat....

Today I tried again for CLI's on my Cap 1 cards on a whim - and I finally recieved one on each card for $250.  After waiting almost a year on one of them - I will take it without complaint!  

Congrats on finally getting something at least! But I think you definitely should look into other creditors to grow your credit history and limits. Good luck!

I tried the CLI thing with them and got the $250 increase offer... I thought "10% increase? Meh... No..."

I really don't use the card much and was just looking for higher limits, so I declined it and maybe I'll use the card a bit more over the next couple months and see if that gives them cause to bump up that offer a bit. 

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry OP.
They have really tightened up. I can't get a CLi on my card which already has the lowest limit of all my cards. Too many INQs. I have not applied for anything in 3 months since they denied me thinking I better chill on the INQs....and still nothing from them. So I'm wondering how long I have to obstain from applying. I thought of trying for the new Restaruat card and then doing a combine and close but after this post I guess that won't work. Thx for posting-helped my decision. Again-sorry for the Dumb a@@ reason for the denial
Message 12 of 16
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

February hit 1 year on my QS and QS1 and hit the CLI request and got denied for low payments. I combined the two into my QS1 (I mean to go the otherway but messed up). 

I was around 580-630 when I opened those cards. I am now 680+ on all 3 bureaus and applied for QS. Denied for too many inquiries.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 13 of 16
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

My last 2 CLI request have came back with "too many recent inquiries " glad to see it isn't only me I guess but it sucks im sorry I know
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
My last 2 CLI request have came back with "too many recent inquiries " glad to see it isn't only me I guess but it sucks im sorry I know

If you don't mind me asking, how many do you have in the last 6 months? 24 months?

Message 15 of 16
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

In the last 6 mths I would say around 5, in the last 24 TU 15 Eq 16 and Ex 12 all of my inquiries date back to Feb of 2016 that's when I started my rebuild and decided to take control of my credit situation, we were turned down for a car loan in Jan /Feb 2016 we didn't know that they "shop" your app out then so about half of my inquiries are from car shopping at that time
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.