Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture Recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Venture Recon

hello all.. anyone know how long it takes cap one to process a recon? i mailed a letter last monday 8/28 and sent an email to the exec office on wednesday with no response..  also no changes to my other card.. i realize its only been a week but im trying to "patiently" wait haha.. should i also call the exec office? i dont want to be too much of a pain but this would be my first travel rewards card!

thank you!

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Recon

Call them.  No need to wait.

Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

ha ok thank you just didn't want to be too much of pain.. i see all kinds of posts about "letting things process" and being patient..

Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok so i tried to call the number listed in the backdoor numbers post that is supposedly for the executive office, but the guy was clueless about what i was talking about.. so i guess i'll just wait

Message 4 of 33
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

You can't call them. There is no known working number for the EO, and if you were to call them, you would need a PIN to proceed with the call
But you can email them, and they will call you back. Google "capital one CEO email" for the email address
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

well i did get through but they were clueless.. and i did email them on wednesday but i have not heard back...

Message 6 of 33
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

It might take them a few days to call you, with the holiday in there
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes im just being impatient LOL.. i did just email them again though .. fingers crossed!

Message 8 of 33
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

hello all.. anyone know how long it takes cap one to process a recon? i mailed a letter last monday 8/28 and sent an email to the exec office on wednesday with no response..  also no changes to my other card.. i realize its only been a week but im trying to "patiently" wait haha.. should i also call the exec office? i dont want to be too much of a pain but this would be my first travel rewards card!

thank you!

Unless it's a verification issue don't get your hopes up. I was denied a couple months ago and decided to recon via the executive office. I received a call after a few days and was told that the computer decision was final and they do not reconsider apps unless there was an error on their part. Hope you get a different outcome, keep us posted.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Capital-One-EO-recon-fail/m-p/4975897

Message 9 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

jacetx i hope i get a different outcome also! .. when i called the regular call center thats what they told me and then suggested i write a letter, which i had already sent.. in my letter i basically begged them to consider my 4 year history of every-single-month-on-time payments and how i researched all the travel cards and theirs was the one that fit me the best and i wanted the most......... LOL.. hopefully it works!  ... also if they are going to stand by their denial then just tell me rather than making me wait darnit!

... chase/citi/boa/wells fargo all denied me and wouldn't recon based on my BK in 12/2013.. but wells fargo and citi both told me to try again in 6 months when im over the 5 year mark on my BK

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.