Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one account combination?

tag
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

Capital one account combination?

I just checked to see if my 2 capital one cards can be combined. surprisingly it said I was eligible and I only had my 2ND for 2 months. if I do this is will make my 2nd card limit go to 2,250. I should be able to increase my 1st card limit in July which will 6 months since I got my last increase. should I wait or do this? thanks everyone
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital one account combination?

Maybe wait. It depends on your situation. If you can hold out until then, that may be more.beneficial. Then again, you could combine and they still give you an increase in July. See what others say and maybe that will give you a better guage to make a decision with.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you combine then your CLI clock will restart. When you combine and ask for a CLI your denial reason will be something along the lines of your recently had a change in your credit limit. If you're looking for a higher CL then do the CLI next month and then combine.
Message 3 of 8
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

OK thanks for everyone's input I think I will wait till July so I can get another increase then I will combine them after that.
Message 4 of 8
Dstro
Established Member

May I ask where do you check to see if they can be combined?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Under the card settings you can choose "check combination eligibility" or something like that
Message 6 of 8
padme
Established Contributor

You also lose any points related to closed card also, so spend any points before you combine them
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It'll let you get a check on your QS
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.