Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Care Credit CLI?

I was approved for a Care Credit account in January 2017. I've never used it. I know that I need dental work done so I'd like to get my limit increased to a decent amount over time so that when I decide to have the work done, I have enough credit available. 

I started with a $800 limit. I've never bothered to ask for an increase and the idea popped into my head today so I logged onto my account. I didn't see any CLI button anywhere online. I went to the FAQ and found this:

"How can I request a Credit Line increase on my Synchrony account?

Contact us by phone at the number on the back of your card. Once you have validated your identity and listened to your account summary, you can say “Credit line increase” to have a systemic review of your Credit Line. You will need to provide your income, and a credit report will be obtained to complete this review."

So my question is, does this result in a SP or HP? The part where it says, "a credit report will be obtained" sort of made me worry about it being a HP.

And although I know its impossible for anyone to know for sure, what do you think my odds are of being approved or denied for a CLI? Hoping that someone has some experience with CLIs with Care Credit. My credit score now is better than what it was when I was approved in January. I just used the CCT trial to pull my FICO scores and I was honestly expecting them to be much lower but they were: EX- 625 EQ- 640 TU- 636

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Re: Care Credit CLI?

When I got my Care Credit card bout 2 years ago, I was initially approved with a $5k limit which I only used once for a dental procedure that cost roughly $495. The card had no further usage from 2015 until April 2017 when I used it a second time for a RiteAid purchase of $60 which I PIF soon as it posted. The following month I went online and requested a CLI via chat and was immediately approved for $15,000. The chat agent told me the request may result in a credit bureau inquiry which I consented to but it turned out there was indeed NO HP. So it's safe to conclude that credit line increase request with Care Credit is a SOFT PULL now hop on chat and shoot for the stars!

Message 2 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

In my experience with certain cards from Sync, expect a hp and be pleased if its sp. Many are getting sp cli for Care Credit but im sure there are those who still get hp. Sometimes they can use your internal score with them along side viewing your report thus only giving sp but one truely doesnt know. Best of luck if you go for itSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've gotten two CLIs on mine, both SPs. Rep stated the same script you have posted; they can't guarantee it will be soft but many have gotten SP increases lately.

636 on TU could be a little low for an increase
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for a Care Credit account in January 2017. I've never used it. I know that I need dental work done so I'd like to get my limit increased to a decent amount over time so that when I decide to have the work done, I have enough credit available. 

I started with a $800 limit. I've never bothered to ask for an increase and the idea popped into my head today so I logged onto my account. I didn't see any CLI button anywhere online. I went to the FAQ and found this:

"How can I request a Credit Line increase on my Synchrony account?

Contact us by phone at the number on the back of your card. Once you have validated your identity and listened to your account summary, you can say “Credit line increase” to have a systemic review of your Credit Line. You will need to provide your income, and a credit report will be obtained to complete this review."

So my question is, does this result in a SP or HP? The part where it says, "a credit report will be obtained" sort of made me worry about it being a HP.

And although I know its impossible for anyone to know for sure, what do you think my odds are of being approved or denied for a CLI? Hoping that someone has some experience with CLIs with Care Credit. My credit score now is better than what it was when I was approved in January. I just used the CCT trial to pull my FICO scores and I was honestly expecting them to be much lower but they were: EX- 625 EQ- 640 TU- 636

I have had my care credit card for 3 months and I have gotten one SP CLI by robolady since then. In my experience the synchrony cards I have, have always been SP for CLI.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's true for most Synchrony accounts, OrganicSweetie, but Care Credit has been notorious for being their lone one that would give HPs.
I have noticed much more people getting SP increase of late, though
Message 6 of 14
wanttobeinthe700club
New Contributor

I have 10 Synchrony cards and always call the Robo Lady every couple months for a CLI. Care Credit has given me the highest limit with Lowes coming in 2nd. I have had the 10 cards for a little over a year. Never recieved a HP yet for CLI's. I hope it stays that way. 

Walmart

Lowes

Care Credit

Conoco

Chevron

Paypal

BP

Amazon

Sony

Husqvarna

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That's true for most Synchrony accounts, OrganicSweetie, but Care Credit has been notorious for being their lone one that would give HPs.
I have noticed much more people getting SP increase of late, though

Well that's good to know. I don't know much about care credit's pull history just synchrony in general. For instance, DH has had a Lowes card for 5 years and never had a HP for CLI.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my Care Credit card since ~7/2013 and was given a $13,500 CL. I haven't received any auto CLI and have used it regularly over the last few years.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the input guys. I decided to hop on chat and try my luck. Currently waiting to speak to an agent, I know I could have tried Robo Lady but felt better doing it through chat. I'll let you know what happens!

Update: After chatting with an agent and asking for only a $5,000 CLI, they told me I'd receive a letter in the mail in 7-10 days. Which means no. Oh well....I guess I'll try again in 6 months or something :\ 

No alerts from anywhere yet about a HP so I assume it was a SP, but I'll update if it results in a HP.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.