Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Care Credit CLI

I applied for Care Credit back in April 2017 and got approved for $800. I've got a few questions about a cli. My vision in my left eye is pretty bad and ive decided it's finally time to take action and get a consult for laser eye surgery in that eye. Im sure this will cost me about 600-1k or so considering my insurance wont cover it. I don't want to max my card, so I was thinking about getting an increase to about 5k. I could just go ahead and get contacts, which is covered by my insurance, but i'd like a cli anyways to keep util down in case of emergency. Both my pets needed emergency care a few months ago which brought util to 50% and I don't want that to happen again. I am still pretty new to the credit world, this being my only cc and financing on my car since Oct. 16. Do you think it's worth a shot trying to get a cli? Will it be a sp or hp? I've seen so many people saying it could be oone or the other. I've also read that they pull TU, fico is 668 currently. Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
H_you
Valued Member

Re: Care Credit CLI

In my experience with Care credit cli was a hard pull. Your score looks ok, just depends what else is on your report. Ask for high amount and let them counter if you go thu with it. I started out with $1k limit from them. Called n increased it to $10k. Now it won't budge lol
Message 2 of 14
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

CC is iffy on type of pull. I've gotten two CLIs and both were soft, but I see tales of HP all the time. 

If you need the special financing for your surgery i tmay be worth it to get the additional inquiry. Agree to ask for $10k and let them counter. 

WHat was your TU FICO at approval, do you know?

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m not sure what my tu fico score was at but I believe on ck it was 629. Current score for tu on ck is 636. I was considering asking 10k and seeing what they’d counter but I just don’t wanna get shot down completely
Message 4 of 14
H_you
Valued Member

Iirc my score was around mid 6s at the time. Ppl on the forum were saying ask for 25k n they will counter if too high. I only asked for 10k n that went thru np. What’s your current report look like? Bks, collections/lates? If so how recent. That’ll give you a better idea what to expect from them
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

No baddies or anything. Still pretty new to credit though. On tu all I got are 3 inquiries on eq I’ve got 7 and they’re all from financing my car and one from T-Mobile
Message 6 of 14
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I think you should be ok to get a $3500 cl, maybe higher. Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 14
sid33
Regular Contributor

They pulled my TU when I opened the account.

Message 8 of 14
AprilShowers4
New Contributor

When I call robo lady its always a sp. I started with $1000 cl last july. Got an increase to $7000 and just got an increase of 5000 today taking it to $12000. call robo lady. 

Message 9 of 14
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

I got my $11k cli by calling CreditSolutions and it was a SP for me.

Good luck!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.