cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit GECRB Recon Fail, Yet Reapp and Approved

tag
cherrypie854

Care Credit GECRB Recon Fail, Yet Reapp and Approved

SMH, I am so irritated!!!! So I was at the optometrist today, I've been trying to wait to apply for a care credit card until my utilization was lower, but I called and applied with a rep on my own. I asked for a large amount, 10k, thinking that I would get a counter offer, based on something I read on the forum. Flat Denial. CSR did not let me speak to a credit rep. Once home, I called the recon number, and the guy was super rude, like you will receive the letter in the mail, the letter will explain in detail, nothing else can done. I was so mad, because I refuse to take an inquiry, and wait 10 days to tell me what I already know. Crazy thing is, I worked for Capital One for 3 years, and I know how the system declines apps for CSR errors, address issues, income entered incorrectly, etc. So I got online and applied again. What the hell right, may as well just go on an app spree now! (Now I was on full tilt, trust me.) I only put in 1000 requested limit.... Instantly Approved for 1500... SMH

So will this show as two inquiries? Can I request one removed since I feel they screwed up the first appl in some way, or did I simply just request too much the first time?

Update: I called to have them check the 1st appl to see why it was declined, now that I had an account. Here is another Backdoor number for Care Credit only if it is not already listed: 800-333-1082. The woman stated I should have been declined on the second one as well. She said the amount I applied for had no bearing on the decision.They pulled Experian the first time and I was declined. They pulled Transunion the 2nd time and thats how I was approved. Funny, Trans has the most accurate info and most accounts listed, but 15 inquiries. Oh well, I will take what I can get! Still not happy about two inquiries though.

In My Wallet: Bill Me Later - 1670 / Care Credit 1500 / Barclaycard 1300 / Pep Boys - 600 / Cap1 Secured - 600 / Fingerhut - 400 / Ashley Stewart - 250 / Avenue - 250 / Express 250 / Onestopplus - 250
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Care Credit GECRB Recon Fail, Yet Reapp and Approved

@cherrypie854 wrote:

SMH, I am so irritated!!!! So I was at the optometrist today, I've been trying to wait to apply for a care credit card until my utilization was lower, but I called and applied with a rep on my own. I asked for a large amount, 10k, thinking that I would get a counter offer, based on something I read on the forum. Flat Denial. CSR did not let me speak to a credit rep. Once home, I called the recon number, and the guy was super rude, like you will receive the letter in the mail, the letter will explain in detail, nothing else can done. I was so mad, because I refuse to take an inquiry, and wait 10 days to tell me what I already know. Crazy thing is, I worked for Capital One for 3 years, and I know how the system declines apps for CSR errors, address issues, income entered incorrectly, etc. So I got online and applied again. What the hell right, may as well just go on an app spree now! (Now I was on full tilt, trust me.) I only put in 1000 requested limit.... Instantly Approved for 1500... SMH

So will this show as two inquiries? Can I request one removed since I feel they screwed up the first appl in some way, or did I simply just request too much the first time?

It may end up being one, the system may think the second was in error and remove it, no guarantee though, if it isnt removed within a week I would call the higher ups indiciating what happened and see if they can get it done for you. I think something is funny with the first app.. Grats on the Care Credit Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@cherrypie854 wrote:

It may end up being one, the system may think the second was in error and remove it, no guarantee though, if it isnt removed within a week I would call the higher ups indiciating what happened and see if they can get it done for you. I think something is funny with the first app.. Grats on the Care Credit Smiley Happy

Yes, it will show as two inquiries. When I reached out to the credit bureaus, they didn't care since the original application was approved by the borrower, even when pulled from the same bureau twice in the same week from the same bureau.

You could try to dispute it, but I believe disputes regarding inquiries must be in writing, and can't be via their online forms.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 3 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Thanks for sharing and Congrats! on pressing ahead with that Care Credit approval! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Thanks for sharing and Congrats! on pressing ahead with that Care Credit approval! Smiley Happy

+1

Message 5 of 8
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Tenacious pit bull attitudes are necessary...!
Message 7 of 8
emesquit

Congrats! I am thinkng of applying for a Care Credit card. I heard that they pull different reports based on location. Most people say they used Equifax, but just out of curiosity,  where are you located?

CH 7 DISCHARGED 1/2011
As of 24-Sep-15: TU624(FICO)/EQ647/EXP659(FICO)
CAP1 Platinum: $1750/CAP1 Quicksilver: $4000/Merrick: $1,400/GAP: $1,000/Victoria's Secret: $1,050/Care Credit: $7,500/Citi Best Buy: $800/Barclay Rewards: $1,500
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.