cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit Approval..in shock but oh the benefits of a good score ;_)

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: CareCredit Approval..in shock but oh the benefits of a good score ;_)

congrats, but remember that the average care credit charge is very high compared to most spending habits so it's understandable to get a higher than normal credit limit.

also this card is great cause you can have it inactive for YEARS and they will not cancel your account, took 7 years for my mother's account to be closed by credit grantor ymmv.

also the bad part about care credit is very high interest rate and to watch out for MAKE SURE YOU PAY INFULL before the 0% apr date sets in.

cause like for instance if you charge $1,000 and it's no uncommon for 29% interest through care credit so if you still owe $1 at the end of it they will tack on ALL the interest all at once. Since interest would be charged monthly and interest build on top of interest charged in previous months you could owe $770 in interest with $1,000 charged if you do not pay everything off within those 24 month period. Not trying to scare you but just a heads up this is the worst part of care credit.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 11 of 14
GABrown
New Contributor

congrats again...if i remember right you were just approved for Walmart...so jealous right now...but hey at least your smile will be pretty while shopping!!!!
Message 12 of 14
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

thanks for the great advice you guys are AWESOME!!! Smiley Wink

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 13 of 14
postalmommy
Established Member

Re: CareCredit Approval.In shock but oh the benefits of a good score ;_)

Congrats.

I am loving GE right now. Yesterday I was approved for $2000 CL for Care Credit (after denial this summer) and a Walmart CC with a measly $150 CL. Hopefully Walmart will give me a huge CLI after a few statements.

Gardening until November 2013
TU 635 (myfico) Sept 2012; 642 (myfico) July 2013
EX 655 (FAKO) Nov 2012;
EQ 548 (FAKO) Nov 2012; 603 (myfico) July 2013
Goal 750 for ALL
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.