Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances at citi double cash?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chances at citi double cash?

Hey everyone, I'm getting preapproved offers for the citi double cash. I like its no hassle cash rewards program and its 2% cash back so it's worth it to me rather than remembering rotating categories and all that. Anyways, I want to make this my regular credit card for everyday purchases. I really want to get approved, can someone who has been approved or knows credit very well (it seems like everyone here does) let me know how risky of a shot I'm taking?

Scores are 760+ on all of them. However AAoA is only 2 years and oldest account is a little more than 6 years. All accounts have around 8-10ish inquiries because I did an app spree in dec 2013, however, in the last year I only have 1 inquiry for a chase slate app in november 2014 so that was 8ish months ago. I also have an inquiry for an auto loan from two months ago but I concluded I didn't want to take a loan out so it's kind of like a wasted hard pull (was 768 at the time). Will they be alarmed at my inquiry from the auto loan even though I didn't take the loan offer? I hope that doesn't ruin my chances. In the last six months all I have is that auto loan inquiry. I have no baddies and have 7 credit cards and two closed credit cards all paid off etc. Keeping utilization less than 10% too. However, my total credit is about 20k which matches my income which is about 20k. I doubt I'd get a decent credit limit especially with my low AAoA. Think it's worth it? Or too risky? I'd hate to get approved with $500 since I'm trying to make it my main card.... Also the reason Im so cautious is because last year I was getting pre approved offers for quicksilver from crapital one left and right and they flat out denied me and said I had too many inquiries... which they added 3 to! So yea Im done with crapital one, Im just hoping I don't get the same experience with citi...
Thanks in advanced!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chances at citi double cash?

based on your other three posts on a similar topic i figure you're fine. you may see a $500-$1,000 SL because they're rather conservative. if i were in your credit situation i would try it if you really want it.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just went to credit karma and their thing said my chances are "very good"... I don't know if thats a 100% but is that pretty much a guarantee? And thanks.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

no credit karma's recommendations are hog wash. they're marketing schemes lol
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh lol.. well I was reading reviews of the card and it turns out its not a straight forward 2%. Essentially if you pay in full early then you will miss out on the second 1%. You have to time your payments in according to when they register in the system as reward points or something... Seems to complicated, I was looking for a very simple system.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

the credit karma reviews is what deterred me from it. i sometimes pay super early. about to pay my amex off and payment isn't due until the 4th lol. go for cap1 QS for an easy super easy system.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

i personally have nfcu cashRewards card for 1.5% and i do enjoy it
Message 7 of 8
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone, I'm getting preapproved offers for the citi double cash. I like its no hassle cash rewards program and its 2% cash back so it's worth it to me rather than remembering rotating categories and all that. Anyways, I want to make this my regular credit card for everyday purchases. I really want to get approved, can someone who has been approved or knows credit very well (it seems like everyone here does) let me know how risky of a shot I'm taking?

Scores are 760+ on all of them. However AAoA is only 2 years and oldest account is a little more than 6 years. All accounts have around 8-10ish inquiries because I did an app spree in dec 2013, however, in the last year I only have 1 inquiry for a chase slate app in november 2014 so that was 8ish months ago. I also have an inquiry for an auto loan from two months ago but I concluded I didn't want to take a loan out so it's kind of like a wasted hard pull (was 768 at the time). Will they be alarmed at my inquiry from the auto loan even though I didn't take the loan offer? I hope that doesn't ruin my chances. In the last six months all I have is that auto loan inquiry. I have no baddies and have 7 credit cards and two closed credit cards all paid off etc. Keeping utilization less than 10% too. However, my total credit is about 20k which matches my income which is about 20k. I doubt I'd get a decent credit limit especially with my low AAoA. Think it's worth it? Or too risky? I'd hate to get approved with $500 since I'm trying to make it my main card.... Also the reason Im so cautious is because last year I was getting pre approved offers for quicksilver from crapital one left and right and they flat out denied me and said I had too many inquiries... which they added 3 to! So yea Im done with crapital one, Im just hoping I don't get the same experience with citi...
Thanks in advanced!

My credit background is similar to yours when I app'd back in January.  They pulled my EQ and EX report which was ~755 I believe.  My AAoA was 2 years, 5 months with my oldest account being 6 years as well.  My EQ had 2 INQ's and my EXP had 5 or 6 INQ's. 

I had <10% util on all my CC's. I was approved for $5.2k originally with 17.99% APR I think.  At the time, my income was $42,500.

I think a big part that led to me getting a fairly generous CL was the fact that I already had a card with them (Forward) for close to 3 years and its limit was $5k.  

As always though, YMMV.

If you don't like Citi's cashback system, there is the Fidelity Amex 2% CB, NFCU 1.5% CB, FNBO 1.5% CB (not sure if still available or just targetted offer only), and the Cap One Quicksilver 1.5% CB.

Not a fan of anything CapOne personally.  Dat triple pull is the pits. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.