Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances for Barclay Ring?

tag
peepers
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chances for Barclay Ring?

so one last question:  My reason for wanting the Ring is its low rate, no frills.  I actually want to do a balance transfer from a 12% card.  However not at the expense of maxing it out!  So are they good with recons and is there a backdoor analyst number?

AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Interesting info... Although that isn't completly right by any means... I need to start reading those blogs moreSmiley Happy...Seems more likea a basic guildline.

Yes, it is definitely just a "basic" guideline. They want to be transparent with the Ring community, but not "too" transparent.. lol. Here is the link to that entire article (you'll probably have to sign in to be able to view it).

https://community.barclaycardus.com/t5/Big-Print-Blog/Barclaycard-Ring-Credit-Line-Strategy/ba-p/238...

And yes, you really should start reading their blogs Smiley Wink Although it seems like the older blogs are much better than the newer ones, and it takes a lot of patience (and time) to sift through them all.

Message 12 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@peepers wrote:

so one last question:  My reason for wanting the Ring is its low rate, no frills.  I actually want to do a balance transfer from a 12% card.  However not at the expense of maxing it out!  So are they good with recons and is there a backdoor analyst number?

@Anonymous Barclay's is decent with recons within reason for sure.. Probably one of the best.. How much you looking @ transferring if you don't mind?  As stated I forsee a 10k-15k approval

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peepers wrote:

I haven't had to recon yet, but I hear they are one of the best when it comes to that - especially for balance transfers Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 20
peepers
Frequent Contributor

$11K

AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peepers wrote:

$11K

I would go ahead and app now and see what limit they give you. If I remember correctly, on the app it will give you the option to include the info for your balance transfer(s). Make sure you enter everything you want to transfer in the app, and hopefully that will help you get the amount you need. If not, then recon.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you app yet?

Message 17 of 20
peepers
Frequent Contributor

LOL no not yet.  Going to mull it over tonight Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 20
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Lol captool's signature phrase!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 19 of 20
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Here, this was taken from that Barclay Ring blog I was talking about, the amounts shown in the box are starting credit limits and how they are determined:

Anna_Blog_Chart.png

Interesting info... Although that isn't completly right by any means w/regards to limits and being hard set in stone... I need to start reading those blogs moreSmiley Happy...Seems more like a a basic guideline.

Agreed. I got approved for $5k and I wouldn't call around 30K annual income "high annual income" by any means, especially after taxes lol. I called recon 10 minutes after that approval (March) and got it up to $8500. My average account limit was $7,750 (thanks Amex) with 3 cards.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.