cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances to get approved for American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chances to get approved for American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card?

Hi all.  According to Credit Karma both of my scores that they display are 692 and I have had a Discover Secured Card for 6 months and will be reviewed by their system next month when I have my 7th cycle.  My question is, do you think I will get approved with the card in the title?  I have no dings like being late paying or using a crazy amount of my credit limit of $200.  This is my only card and I am looking to get another.  I have no loans.  Thanks.  

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chances to get approved for American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card?

Your credit history sounds a bit new/thin.  Keep in mind that CK has advertiser agreements with some companies and their "recommendations" are not really worth too much.  Have you gove to the Amex site and checked for a preapproval?  Do you know what your real FICO scores are?  

Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I did visit their website and I got preapproved for the Hilton card and the Delta card.  I will know my real FICO score next month with Discover will finally display it to me.  

Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

If i were you i will check if i am pre-approved/qualified for the card.

AMEX provides that service to check if you are pre-qualified for it without pulling anything.

Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I did visit their website and I got preapproved for the Hilton card and the Delta card.  I will know my real FICO score next month with Discover will finally display it to me.  

Those are two of their currently "featured" cards they are pushing.  Did the preapprovals come with a fixed APR or very narrow range? 

Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure.  I pay my bill off every month so I did not pay attention to the APR.  I am not sure why I would get a preapproval for the two cards above but not for the Blue Cash Everyday Card.

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not sure.  I pay my bill off every month so I did not pay attention to the APR.  I am not sure why I would get a preapproval for the two cards above but not for the Blue Cash Everyday Card.

Sometimes these "Co-Branded" cards can be easier to obtain than the regular ones. I see no real rhyme nor reason behind it but that's just the way it seems.

I was approved for the BCE back in December for 2K. Was approved for the 3X CLI in February and yet declined for the Everyday card a few weeks ago despite my scores being higher.

Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

The question was whether any of the Amex cards that were pre-approved had an offer of a single APR.

The co-branded cards have less stringent underwriting requirements so they are easier to get.  I would suggest starting with an unsecured Discover card, then applying for the BCE after a few months.

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.  

Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

you look good for a charge card I think.. But like one of the post says, you should build a little more... Good Luck!!

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.