cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 2 week message 9 days ago still nothing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase 2 week message 9 days ago still nothing?

I applied for Disney Premier 9 days ago. I got the 2 weeks message and have ever since. I haven't gotten any calls from Chase, no letter... Does it really take this long? I have a freedom and that was an instant approval two years ago so I've never dealt with this.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Chase 2 week message 9 days ago still nothing?

Yes, I have applied for many Chase Credit Cards. None of mine have ever been instant but the status line always says I will hear from them in 2 weeks. My Marriott Visa took 15 days for the status line to change to approved. Same with Hyatt Visa. 

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for Disney Premier 9 days ago. I got the 2 weeks message and have ever since. I haven't gotten any calls from Chase, no letter... Does it really take this long? I have a freedom and that was an instant approval two years ago so I've never dealt with this.

Hmm I say the 2 week msg sounds good since you already have in with Chase. I applied for the United Explorer card last month and it litterally took almost a month to get it approved; granted that they did send me a letter for address verification that took about 2 weeks to get. I say keep checking your Chase account to see when it appears. Keep us posted. Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apped Marriott 1/2, approved 1/18... 2 week message until approved. The waiting is soooo hard. Fingers crossed for you!

Message 4 of 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yup. It really can take a full two weeks if not longer.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 13
chalupaman
Super Contributor

It all depends on the card. Some cards like CSP I got that 2 week message and just a few hours later the card shows up on my login. AARP took the longest to get fully approved, about a week for that one. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on Day 13 of my two week message.  Still nothing in the mail, no change to the status message.  Mine is for the Freedom though (I am guessing) as I also had the 7-10 day for the same app day and as you know they denied me on the Disney.  

So I wait...

Message 7 of 13
SeattleSuperBowlChampions
New Contributor

When applying for 2 of my chase cards, I got the 10 day message also.  However, I called  a credit analyst immediately after I submitted the application.  One time they told me I was approved over the phone immediately.  The other time, they asked me about some past credit issues and then apporved me.  I recommend calling in.  The number is floating around somewhere on this forum.  Search for Chase analyst, or recon.

BarclayCard - Rewards MC - 5,000 | Amex - Skymiles Platinum - 18,000 | Chase - Freedom - 3,000 | Chase - Hyatt - 5,000 | Amazon SC - 3,800 | Fidelity AMEX - 17,000 | Chase - Ritz - 10,000
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It kind of varies widely. I requested a cli on my Disney recently and it took every bit of 2 weeks for them to process a decision. They approved me though, just be patient. Best of luck! My wife and I love that card!
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: called, answered some questions and they sent a text to my phone approved for $5,000!!!!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.