Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase AARP 5/24?

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Chase AARP 5/24?

I couldn't help myself and i applied for the the Chase AARP card and got a 7 to 10 days message but their email says within 30 days.....

Does anyone kniow if the Chase AARP Card is part of the 5/24 rule?

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase AARP 5/24?

I was in the same situation just two days ago (exact same message and email, etc.)...

I'm over 5/24 and have a two-month-old Chase Freedom card. When I logged on to Chase yesterday, the account was already showing!

If you have another Chase account, maybe just log on to see if the account shows (even before receiving a welcome email from Chase).

Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 16
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Don't know if it is, but maybe search the threads to see or call them. Even if you got the 30 days result, you still may be approved, btw.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

I couldn't help myself and i applied for the the Chase AARP card and got a 7 to 10 days message but their email says within 30 days.....

Does anyone kniow if the Chase AARP Card is part of the 5/24 rule?

According to this article, no.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 16
linux007969
Established Contributor

Earlier tonight i called the Verification line at 888-688-6708 and the rep knew why i was calling and after a few short questions, she said she needed to transfer me to lending and placed me on hold....... i was on hold for 10 minutes and almost thought i should have hung up.......

After a rep form lending answered, i gave him all my info, and i said "i was calling to verifiy my application and was transfered to you"....... the rep tok a look and he asked me some more questions like he confimed my address and housing and income and employment....... then he said it will be "forwarded for final review and it will take 2 to 3 weeks"

So now i wait it out........

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its not part of their rule,  but I was denied for too many recent accounts and inquires. They still can say no for any reason they want.  If your profile is strong,  good util, then 6/24 wont be your issue. 

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

no it is not part of 5/24 and you should not have called into a real person. always call automated app status 8004367927, hit #, then 3, then 1  if it says 2 weeks or 30 days u are usually approved. 7-10 days is mostly a denial.

aside from in branch prequal, the following cards are not 5/24:

Chase IHG
Chase Hyatt
Chase British Airways
Chase Fairmont
Chase Amazon
Chase AARP

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was denied for the Chase Marriott card due to the amount of new accounts I had. Is the Marriott card a known part of the 5/24 rule?
Message 8 of 16
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Its not part of their rule,  but I was denied for too many recent accounts and inquires. They still can say no for any reason they want.  If your profile is strong,  good util, then 6/24 wont be your issue. 

This. A few cards like AARP and Amazon are reportedly still not under 5/24, but that doesn't mean they don't still have credit criteria. Too many new accounts or inquiries is and was a common denial reason before 5/24 existed.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

no it is not part of 5/24 and you should not have called into a real person. always call automated app status 8004367927, hit #, then 3, then 1  if it says 2 weeks or 30 days u are usually approved. 7-10 days is mostly a denial.

aside from in branch prequal, the following cards are not 5/24:

Chase IHG
Chase Hyatt
Chase British Airways
Chase Fairmont
Chase Amazon
Chase AARP

There are posts on various forums that specifically mention a 5/24 denial for some of the cards listed.

Just sayin'... Of course, YMMV Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.