Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase AARP 5/24?

tag
datrucking210
Established Contributor

Re: Chase AARP 5/24?

@Anonymous wrote:
I was denied for the Chase Marriott card due to the amount of new accounts I had. Is the Marriott card a known part of the 5/24 rule?

I believe it is now. I think we need to treat all chase co-branded cards to be under this new rule.

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 11 of 16
linux007969
Established Contributor

*** Update ***

I just logged into Chase and scrolled down and saw the AARP Card showing!!!! So I was Approved!!! It has my limit at $500 though, so i guess i just so squezed by! Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 12 of 16
pip3man
Valued Contributor

I was approved for this card at over 20/24 with a $5k SL and few days after a Ritz approval of $11k. Granted they weren't instant, both apps went pending.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@linux007969 wrote:

*** Update ***

I just logged into Chase and scrolled down and saw the AARP Card showing!!!! So I was Approved!!! It has my limit at $500 though, so i guess i just so squezed by! Smiley Very Happy

Told Ya! Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

linux007969 wrote:

I couldn't help myself and i applied for the the Chase AARP card and got a 7 to 10 days message but their email says within 30 days.....

Does anyone kniow if the Chase AARP Card is part of the 5/24 rule?

I just got that same message. I've had a Freedom card for 6 months, always PIF.

CK says I have a TU 789, EFX 792, Discover says my EXP is 756.

I logged onto my Chase account per another poster's suggestion, and no love.

As of the AARP app, I have 4 inquiries.

What a waste.

Oh, wait. My bad. I just logged on again, about a half hour later, and I have my AARP card with a $3,500 limit. That's more than I need for gas and restaurants.

You folks here are great. You counsel untold numbers of people. This is my first post, but I've read hundreds.

Message 15 of 16
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

no it is not part of 5/24 and you should not have called into a real person. always call automated app status 8004367927, hit #, then 3, then 1  if it says 2 weeks or 30 days u are usually approved. 7-10 days is mostly a denial.

aside from in branch prequal, the following cards are not 5/24:

Chase IHG
Chase Hyatt
Chase British Airways
Chase Fairmont
Chase Amazon
Chase AARP

add the Ritz

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.