Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase AARP!!

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Chase AARP!!

Well I'm a mere 5 yrs away from being able to join AARP. Smiley Sad Seems just yesterday I was a spring chicken!!
Message 21 of 81
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Hah, i specifically signed up for AARP membership ONLY just for this card some many months ago when it first started to buzz in these forums. I couldn't app for it at the time because of having just did an app spree and only having Freedom Card a month but wanted to position for it. Then someone reported you could leave the membership area blank and didn't need membership. Oh well, live n learn. It does look to be a solid no AF 3X dining card and everyone with it has only praise for it.

Message 22 of 81
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yep old and young can app. Just leave AARP # blank.
Message 23 of 81
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

And gas UNCAPPED. Smiley Happy

That's not so unusual, BCP does that at the same rate, and Penfed etc give 5% uncapped.

Message 24 of 81
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Yeah you choose either card. Pretty sweet!

Last week there was a thread about not being able to app for the travel version.   Has anyone tried it?   Whichever tab you are on, the app link goes to the dining one

Message 25 of 81
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yea I'm actually planning to app Penfed for the 5% gas and use AARP for dining. I was stressing that for the Sallie Mae users that is capped.
Message 26 of 81
happypill
Valued Contributor

Just to clarify, is that two different AARP cards, one with travel rewards and one with gas/restaurant rewards?

Message 27 of 81
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yes happypill.
Message 28 of 81
zsepthenne
Regular Contributor

I'm interested in the card. I just scored Sallie though, so I'll have to wait. I've been trying to talk my boyfriend into applying for it as we eat out a lot. He's protesting due to it being an AARP card, as he's in denial about getting closer to being an elgible member Smiley Very Happy

Beginning Scores 9/2013: EX 651, TU 639 Short term goals: Scores in the mid 700s 1/15 TU08 701| 4/2018 TU08 800!! |11/2019 TU 785
CapOne Quicksilver $5000 | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard $6900 | Amex Everyday $15000 | Discover It $13000 | Cap One Walmart Mastercard $8000 | BofA Cash Rewards $3200 | CareCredit $7200 | Citibank Double Cash $10500 | Chase AARP $5500
Message 29 of 81
baller4life
Super Contributor

Haha that is hilarious.. Wonder how many people let their egos get in the way of apping this card.
Message 30 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.