Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon CLI denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Amazon CLI denial

Denied have had the card 11 months

Pulled both Equifax and Experian. Waste of 2 hps. I assumed at most they would hp one bureau.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon CLI denial

Wow, a double pull for a CLI? That sucks.

Chase isn't known for great CLI results, even with the HP. In fact, I have seen very few great stories of Chase CLIs.

Message 2 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah that really stinks. I think most say to app a new card more than cli a Chase card. Ive learned my lessons with Chase, never again but im sorry you didnt get your cli.
Message 3 of 13
kdm31091
Super Contributor

In general most people get "CLIs" from Chase by moving limits around on existing cards or applying for a new one and then shuffling as desired.

Generally, outright asking for a CLI from Chase doesn't go that well, although of course there are exceptions.

Message 4 of 13
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Well you've already taken the HPs..what are you waiting for? Grab another useful card. Sorry for your denial. As many of us that's been down that road. Some should be aware of the most proven route in order to get a CLI. With Chase it's not the traditional way for the majority of us.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should have known better. 

I did not want to damage my AAOA to badly so I thought a CLI was the route to go even with a hard pull. (not thinking I would get 2).

I guess I was in a false world thinking if Citi did not HP for a CLI then maybe Chase would not.

Any suggestions on a new card Gmood? I do not really have any on my radar at the moment my cashback needs are pretty well covered (Well Sears has most of the categories I spend covered right now, but in April I will stop earning cashback from them).

I'll probably be getting an HP from Elan (CLI request) although it has been several days since I requested and no hp has popped up yet.

Message 6 of 13
Gmood1
Super Contributor

No need to beat yourself up Dep. I was going to suggest the AARP if they were still offering $200 for $500 spend. Or the Disney Premier. Both give great SLs.

But you may have let that window close. Normally those pulls are good for that day. Once crossed over into the next day, you run a higher chance of another HP.

The one aspect some forget with credit is, it's always in motion and always moving forward. AAoA, Inqs as well as baddies are all temporary. None of it is permanent. No matter what it is, it will fade away. AAoA continues to grow and the INQs age.

My Amazon SL earlier this year was only $2000, if I remember correctly. I used limits from accounts I acquired 2 years ago double apping in order to raise it to a $10k SL. I never have to asked for another CLI from Chase for any CC I have with them. I just shuffle limits where I need them.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a bummer! That's a big reason I have not requested a CLI on my Prime Visa. It's been SD'd at the moment. 

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgive my ignorance, what does it mean that you "used limits from accounts I acquired 2 years ago double apping"?  They gave me a crappy $500 last year. PenFed just gave me $10K. I don't want to bother asking for CLI based on people's experiences. 

Thx! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear chase isn’t good with cli’s. For me I opened the Amazon VISA and got a $2000 initial limit. I used the card for all Amazon purchases, restaurants, Gas, and prescriptions for six months. Lots of transactions per month but only spent about $250 per month on it. And after the sixth statement they automatically doubled my limit to $4000. Just some data points for everyone. I heard they are stingy with cli and a HP if you ask. So I plan on never asking.  But I’ve had good fortune with them and love my free shipping and 5% cashback and 2% on others. I am a prime member. Maybe that helps. My credit score is 702 FICO 8.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.