Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Prime Rewards card chances of approval

tag
jg1983
Regular Contributor

Chase Amazon Prime Rewards card chances of approval

I was wondering if someone could give me an idea of what the standards are to be approved for this card. I saw they are offering a $70 gift card so I was thinking about applying. My fico scores are in the mid 600s and the only negative I have is a 30 day late car payment 9 months ago. I do have two other credit cards I got a few months ago. One with a $1000 limit and the other with a $1600 limit. Other than that my car loan is the only other account I have.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Amazon Prime Rewards card chances of approval

Check out the credit pulls database and search for the card and you'll see the scores people were approved/denied with which will give you a good idea.

As an aside, have you done anything to try and get that late payment removed?  If it's your only one and it's only a 30 day, the least severe, you stand a pretty good chance depeding on the lender at getting it removed.  If you did, you'd probably push yourself from the mid 600's to a score of about 700 and at that point you'd have to worry far less about denials.

Message 2 of 6
jg1983
Regular Contributor

I tried working with Wells Fargo on that and they wouldn't budge even though it is their fault for taking 3 days to process my payment. I disputed with the CRAs and only Experian responded and only with a copy of my credit report. I am working with an attorney now who says I might have a lawsuit against the CRAs. Do you think getting just that one late payment removed will increase my score significantly?
Message 3 of 6
jg1983
Regular Contributor

Well I looked at the credit pulls database and I saw one person who was approved at $1000 with similar credit to mine. So I rolled the dice and I was instantly approved! Only a $500 limit but it is a start and I got a $70 gift card that is already added to my account. With my DCU $1000 card, my NFCU $1600 card, my capital one $300 card (that I just got a pre approval for in the mail so I applied) and this card hopefully I am on my way to good credit. I think I will stick with just these cards for now and try for CLIs eventually.
Message 4 of 6
jg1983
Regular Contributor

I can't believe this. I rolled the dice again and tried for the Amazon store card through synchrony bank and was approved! They gave me an $800 limit and a $40 gift card. Guess today is my lucky day. Wonder if I can recon any of these cards for a higher limit.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the Chase, no, and for the Synch it'll be an SP CLI so wait it out, especially if you can get the baddie removed. Congrats and good luck!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.