cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Prime, is this an approval or denied?

tag
djpolo
New Contributor

Chase Amazon Prime, is this an approval or denied?

Got the 30 day message, should I try to recon?

current scores are 682 EX 21 INQ, 669 TU 15INQ, 661 EQ 12 INQ

UTI about 15%

PayPal MC: $8k | Marvel: $8k | Walmart Store: $6k | GameStop: $350 | Victoria Secret: $350 | Overstock: $2.4k | Kohls: $700 | AMEX BCE: $1.5k | BOA (99/Secured): $500 | Discover IT (Secured): $1k | Cap One (Secured): $1k | Wells Fargo: $1k | Citi (Secured): $500 | Lowes: $12k | Cap One QS1:
$500

Current Scores: 3/7/17 EX: 706 TU: 697 EQ: 674
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Prime, is this an approval or denied?

30 day more than likely is approval

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 10
djpolo
New Contributor

ended up calling, got a woman who sounded like she was mad at life, denied because of a late payment made 31 months ago 

PayPal MC: $8k | Marvel: $8k | Walmart Store: $6k | GameStop: $350 | Victoria Secret: $350 | Overstock: $2.4k | Kohls: $700 | AMEX BCE: $1.5k | BOA (99/Secured): $500 | Discover IT (Secured): $1k | Cap One (Secured): $1k | Wells Fargo: $1k | Citi (Secured): $500 | Lowes: $12k | Cap One QS1:
$500

Current Scores: 3/7/17 EX: 706 TU: 697 EQ: 674
Message 3 of 10
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

😢
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recon that! 30 day is usually just verification I thought!?

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied few days ago and got that 39 days message and when I called the automated system says you'll receive a written status in 7-10 days. I won't bother to recon with Chase. It's flat out denied. Anyways I was just approved for Bank of America cashrewards platinum Visa today to replace that Chase Amazon visa apps denial.
Message 6 of 10
sjt
Senior Contributor

@djpolo wrote:

ended up calling, got a woman who sounded like she was mad at life, denied because of a late payment made 31 months ago 

Call back for another recon.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied few days ago and got that 39 days message and when I called the automated system says you'll receive a written status in 7-10 days. I won't bother to recon with Chase. It's flat out denied. Anyways I was just approved for Bank of America cashrewards platinum Visa today to replace that Chase Amazon visa apps denial.

Why do you not think its worth attempting a recon? Did you already see what the denial was for?

Message 8 of 10
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why do you not think its worth attempting a recon? Did you already see what the denial was for?

I agree with that. OP or blueberry2628, it wont hurt to recon multiple times as you already spent a hard pull on your app

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gavin/csryang:
I attempted two times last year for the Amazon visa and Chase freedom. It was unsuccessful, it seems Chase credit card isn't really for me and I give up on them. At least I got my chance back with B of A and I'm happy. Forget Chase. I'm done with them.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.